Shop by Category | Brand | Order Tracking | Customer Care | Contact Us | Wishlist | My Account |
All
  • All Departments
  • Digital Download
Cart
 LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » MANUFACTURER SUPPORT » AI SUITE II INSTALLATION... ASUS SUPPORT...
Subject: AI Suite II installation... ASUS Support blows
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
Trevor_G Jun 09, 2011 09:29 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

A bit of a rant first... I've tried to register my ASUS products several times over the course of the past 6 weeks, the first few times to register my O!Play Air and now a few times to register my mobo, and I'd say that of my 10 or so attempts I've only once had success.

That kind of worries me... if a tech company can't keep their support/registration site up and running, what are the chances for their products I own?

Back onto topic... anyone have success installing the AI Suite II software? Mine won't install. And since I can't register my mobo, I can't get tech help from them.

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2368513

Tip Posting | My Postings (142) | My Reviews (4) | View Source
Doug_the_Slug Jun 09, 2011 09:36 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

asus site has always sucked balls. there was a time when you'd be lucky if the site even loaded. I think they eventually figured that one out...

asus products are fine. their site, that's another story.

Tip Posting | My Postings (5801) | My Reviews (336) | View Source
hung_h Jun 09, 2011 09:39 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I have ai suite II on my asus z68 pro installed.

you just pop in the cd and choose to install it

what kind of error are you getting?

also, you can go on their forums, its not official support but people go on it and even have asus reps on it too.

Tip Posting | My Postings (4328) | My Reviews (16) | View Source
Master__Shake Jun 09, 2011 09:42 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

why the F*#m are you even bothering with AI Suite what a waste of hdd space. take that cd and whip it in the trash!

i only register stuff with asus when it fails, it works just the same.

This message was modified by the poster at 06 09, 2011 09:43 PM

Tip Posting | My Postings (4305) | My Reviews (17) | My Profile | View Source
hung_h Jun 09, 2011 09:43 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

its okay for monitoring stuff. I haven't tried any OC or anything like that with it. It has options to do it though.

Master__Shake Jun 09, 2011 09:45 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

hwmonitor, and speed fan can monitor and if your on an intel chip coretemp, and the bios or uefi has tons of options for oc'in too.

hung_h Jun 09, 2011 09:49 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

its weird though, you guys say be cautious about increasign voltages and the like too high or it will mess up your chip. I see a buttload of sliders and I have this feeling if i slide them all to max it'll break my computer.

Master__Shake Jun 09, 2011 09:50 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

usually if you don't know what they are you leavem or google there purpose

hung_h Jun 09, 2011 09:54 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

yup i haven't touched anything.

As for AI suite II, I had to uninstall Asus mobilink, I don't know what it does but every time I log onto another account, it will pop up some error message. I googled that up and a few results said it might be caused by a virus. I checked for viruses and none came up. So i googled some more and found mobilink was an asus program. Uninstalled that and the messeges disappeared.

Sorta annoying to have such a buggy program. I didn't even do anything other than install the suite.

Trevor_G Jun 10, 2011 05:43 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

No real error message, but it simply won't load. I know that the EFI BIOS has all the tools I need, but there were some features in the AI Suite II package I wanted to check out.

In any case, here's what happens:
1. I pop in CD and it autoplays just fine
2. I click on Utilities and then the AllInst button
3. I select  AI Suite II only (not bothering with Reader 9 and the Virtu stuff for now)
4. A pop-up then says that there will be 1 reboot needed for the installation process to be completed, so I click OK
5. Program installs fine and the computer reboots
6. Get back to the desktop (in 20 seconds.... I love SSDs), the install software does some more work, then it says another reboot is required.... I click OK again
7. Upon reboot, the AI Suite II software is nowhere to be found

Hmmmmm... maybe I should just forget about it.

Tip Posting | My Postings (142) | My Reviews (4) | View Source
Nicholas_W Jun 10, 2011 06:02 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Don't even bother with AI Suite in my opinion. I used to try and use it but it would ALWAYS bluescreen and then give me the most unstable and horrible overclock ever.

Also yes, Asus has horrible horrible support. I have a P67 Deluxe which i believe comes with "better" support since it's a premium board(don't quote me i never looked into it). However it took me a minimum of 8 calls repeatedly getting disconnected to get ahold of someone and then some retarded woman took my number and said they would call me back. No call.

I mainly just kept calling and calling and calling. Finally got a tech. Funny though since their number isn't 1-800 i get long distance charges too. Awesome. Also posts on their forum go unanswered. I know smaller companies like g-skill and zotac.. their people are all over the forums ready to help.

Tip Posting | My Postings (301) | My Reviews (20) | View Source
Gav777 Jun 10, 2011 07:25 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I couldn't see where you mentioned which motherboard you have, but my suggestion would be to flash to the latest bios... if it's an 1155 board there is also a patch to fix the won't install problem.

Tip Posting | My Postings (952) | My Reviews (11) | View Source
Todd™ Jun 10, 2011 07:57 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

The latest version of ASUS Suite from their website works fine on my P8Z68-V Pro.

Tip Posting | My Postings (2205) | My Reviews (2) | View Source
cfiddy Jun 11, 2011 12:26 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I have the same problem ?? i updated the bios to the latest 0501 i tried the cd nothing installs for the AI Suite II ?? i try to put the ssd hard drive to a different sata connector still nothing ,i tried the other versions on asus site V1.01.24 didn't work and V1.01.28 didn't work either?? do you guys think too much ram could do this?? i have 16gigs or corsair Vengeance 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1866 x2 kits i have the 2600k cpu ocz vertex2 120gig ssd drive and win7 business 64 bit os with all the updates! any ideas??

Tip Posting | My Postings (1) | My Reviews (0) | View Source
hung_h Jun 11, 2011 11:02 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

you aren't missing much with the AI suite. Its more of a gimmicky type program.

anyways, have you guys tried just downloading the program from asus???

I got mine to work on my z68 pro with no problems. maybe your disc is just crapped out.

Contentname:Forums_Bottom
Call Queue
Now Serving
Closed
Avg. Response Time
Closed
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

Recent Experts
1. Greg * NCIX.com (33131)
2. Saberon (15226)
3. Spork™ (13961)
4. MasterFuji (916)
5. joel f (562)
All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Order Status
RMAs (Merchandise returns)
F.A.Q.
Contact Us / Store Locator
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller Program
VIP Memberships
Advantage Membership
Affiliate Program
Super Shipping Saver Club
Express Coverage
Express RMA
Express Shipping Service
Express Exchange and Care Coverage
Gift Cards & Balance Checker
Advanced Store Price Match
Black Friday Sale
Boxing Week Sale
NCIX Newsletters
NCIX Forums
Folding @ Home Team
The Banner Vault
International Sites:  Canada
Get the best discount computers online for online computer shopping and discount PC computer components as well as notebook computers, laptops and Canada custom computers for the best deals on computers.
NCIX.com provides Canada the best priced computers in the country for computer components and computer parts and computer accessories with the best online computer store in Canada for your personal and business computer needs.
At NCIX you can build your own computer online as well as search for the cheapest and best video cards, computer processors and CPUs, motherboards computer memory RAM, ssd and hard drives with the fastest shipping in Canada and the US.
So for discount computers online NCIX provides the cheapest digital cameras, printers, motherboards, flash memory, PC speakers and computer electronics with the best Canadian computer and Canadian online computer shopping website in the world.

NCIX.com is powered by Intel® Xeon® Quad Core Processors
Copyright© 2014 NCIX.com/Netlink Computer Inc. All rights reserved. S / Server ID:74 20141024063905  203 ms