Shop by Category | Brand | Order Tracking | Customer Care | Contact Us | Wishlist | My Account |
All
  • All Departments
  • Digital Download
Cart
 LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » GENERAL DISCUSSIONS » NCIX.COM WEBSITE UPGRADES!! FEEDBACK APP...
Subject: NCIX.com website upgrades!! Feedback appreciated!
Share this:  
PREV   |   NEXT   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  
Author Date Posted Tools
NCIX * esther Feb 28, 2011 01:19 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Finally, the time is right! NCIX.com's website is getting upgraded and we would truly appreciate any suggestions or feedback from you guys on how we can make your shopping experience better

We're really open to any suggestions you guys have, from layout, to check out page, to forums, to community events - anything! So please, if you could, give us a moment of your time to help us improve our website

Thanks everyone, and excited to hear your thoughts!
-NCIX Esther

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2322873

Tip Posting | My Postings (374) | My Reviews (0) | View Source
Mekaw Feb 28, 2011 01:52 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I don't know what happened to stock status, i remember until last month, once you check stock status on one thing, everytime you click on different item to see it shows stock status on the page without having to click on the check stock and pop open new window. I actually liked that feature.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1267) | My Reviews (36) | View Source
PLaStrOL™ Feb 28, 2011 01:59 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

It needs more Esther

On a serious note, the following things annoy me to no end:

1) Not being able to use certain characters, namely the AT symbol and the backslash symbol

2) Not being able to use certain words. Instead of filtering the 3 G G in 'new' *** or the 't 1 g 3 r' in 't 1 g 3 r' ****** why not just filter the whole thing or filter the words in sequence? i'm sure it can be done.

3) We need a better layout for uploading pictures. Should be able to place above or below, also, should be able to go back and upload a picture by editing a post

4) Should be able to use the new Youtube embed code

5) Should be able to delete  a post without editing it to a simple '-'

This is just a few things i'm sure other folks have other suggestions. Please NCIX whatever you do, please try to keep the 'KISS' methodology, i have loved this site for years in that it keeps it simple. I don't mind the plain white and green!

Tip Posting | My Postings (2814) | My Reviews (14) | View Source
hozzle Feb 28, 2011 02:10 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Could you set up pages so that the pages have standard item links as seen now but also have link to other pages that have all products look like your current "feature products" layout.
Kinda like folder options - view as thumbnails or view as list.
This message was modified by the poster at 02 28, 2011 02:11 PM

This message was modified by the poster at 02 28, 2011 02:11 PM

Tip Posting | My Postings (136) | My Reviews (39) | View Source
Hotshot Feb 28, 2011 02:19 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

1# Forums: The "this post was edited by XX at YY" should not be part of the post body.

2# Forums: Fix the upload image code so it works.

3# Forums: Allow people to pick how many post per page they want.

4# Forums: Fix the quoting yourself bug.

5# Forums: Showcase should be able to display sale items + it should be able to have more then one of the same item (ex: two video cards)

6# The site: Ability to search for products like the *** store (example: search for all mobo with 6 SATA ports, 2 Esata, dual GB).

7# The site: Fix the rating system so its fair and not manipulating customers.

8# The site: Ability to view ratings of all items when you view a category instead of just the "Top 10 most popular products".

9# The site: Ability to turn certain parts of the pages on/off: like the combo deals, the suggestions, and the "other customers also bought this", etc.

10# The site: The reviews/specs editor could be a lot better. Right now its often a wall of text presentation. Sometimes something as simple as a border in the table would make it better.

11# The forums: Remove the "I agree to the terms" and only add it if the terms have changed and the users hasn't agreed to the new terms.

12# The Forums: Fix the line break issues with the forums....

Tip Posting | My Postings (5636) | My Reviews (97) | View Source
Mekaw Feb 28, 2011 02:22 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I think for forum, over all brand new forum would be nice... and be up to date with other forums out there

1 thing I hate the most is, whenever you edit, you have to choose forum message type. really is that necessary? and the check off box can be annoying too when you first post

This message was modified by the poster at 02 28, 2011 02:22 PM

Tip Posting | My Postings (1267) | My Reviews (36) | View Source
perijah Feb 28, 2011 02:27 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Creating a thread asking for any ideas regarding improvements is a bad idea. Just think about how hard it be to manage each idea, to reply to them, amend them. Or even just browsing through them.

Instead, implement a dedicated forum for ideas, in the same manner as there are beta subdomains for ncix, where each thread is an idea, or better yet, implement one of these:

http://userecho.com/
http://www.kissinsights.com/
http://idea.informer.com/
http://www.bounceapp.com/
http://getsatisfaction.com/
http://uservoice.com/
http://www.clueapp.com/

They would really help you collect ideas, and users participate.

Tip Posting | My Postings (350) | My Reviews (8) | View Source
Jeremy M Feb 28, 2011 02:37 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Please ship worldwide that would make my day, it would also give you a one up on ******. but mainly australia, that would be nice.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1) | My Reviews (0) | View Source
Nato9 Feb 28, 2011 02:47 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I'd love to see some kind of indication present if the item has NO picture (otherwise assumed there is one available)... in that same vein, I hate that pictures open in new windows (at least for me, in firefox). If I had to refer you to another site that does it better that you could cop an idea from: http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/
If you check some of the items there, and mouse over the photo it shows an awesome sort of "magified" view, and allows you to seamlessly switch photos without having to futz with an extra opened window.

I'd like the item categories to be reworked so it's a little easier to navigate your way around. Although it "works" and the search works very well, better itemized and organized categories would make it much more simple for both those who are looking for that thing they can't quite remember the name of but will know it when they see it, and those who just like to window shop.

Beyond that, a personal gripe is that the newsletters never seem to come before sales happen (usually *after*, and by then I sometimes miss out on surprise sale deals)... that's about it for me.

Tip Posting | My Postings (8) | My Reviews (7) | View Source
Afzal_R Feb 28, 2011 02:48 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I would like to have better searching option ala New****- that one has a great searching option, but I find better prices in NCIX. Plus, no need for shipping with NCIX. A good searching option would make it easier for people to find specific products.

This message was modified by the poster at 02 28, 2011 02:54 PM

Tip Posting | My Postings (3) | My Reviews (0) | View Source
Jared_T Feb 28, 2011 02:57 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I think for the website... You make a whole area devoted to "Deal of the Day" like where you have you build a PC window with the VEstas.

And the search mechanism should be more advanced. like you search "1156" and everything for 1156 comes up, then you filter to mobo only, then to certain brands.

Also, while i know it would increase bandwidth, i hate how the top 10 items show pics but the rest that foloow dont. Its much easier to take a gander at thumbails than have to click everytime to see what it looks like.

Tip Posting | My Postings (132) | My Reviews (23) | View Source
Francois_D Feb 28, 2011 02:58 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I think small images besides the product name in the lists would be really awesome instead of having to click on it each time to see what it looks like.

Tip Posting | My Postings (4) | My Reviews (4) | View Source
calmblythe Feb 28, 2011 03:00 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I'd like a more user-friendly way of searching for products. The page just always seems crowded all the time.
A truly hierarchical way of narrowing down searches is missing and that usually frustrates me to going to TigerDirect. Seems like a low blow, I know, but they're way of searching for products is just better.
Of course, more often than not, you have the lower prices.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1) | My Reviews (0) | View Source
NArkshaRK Feb 28, 2011 03:01 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

There shouldn't be a mod button visible to those who can't use it.

There shouldn't be a button to view a modded post if you just get an error doing so.

Tip Posting | My Postings (5080) | My Reviews (271) | My Profile | View Source
Chun Hang_L Feb 28, 2011 03:08 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Stock up on some Motorola cable modems so I can move to Teksavvy once and for all :P

The think the forums needs to be revamped. The style is very 90's, but I know this is probably not high in priority.

I second putting more effort in search. There should be an advanced search feature where I can apply more filters and apply for combinations of keywords.

Also, it would be nice if backordered/no longer available items can have an either "notify me" or "request ncix to stock up" button, with preference to the latter :P

Oh, and make Wednesday sales on time and more competitive pricing. thanks :)

Tip Posting | My Postings (87) | My Reviews (61) | View Source
Chareon Feb 28, 2011 03:17 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I generally don't have too may troubles finding products on NCIX myself, however it does sometimes take a bit longer than it could, so I can understand the requests for improvements there.

My biggest request would have to be for the forums though. They are horrible to navigate if you are trying to look through the different topics. The quote system is complex to use and a tad buggy too. Pretty much all if not most of the forum suggestions I would love to see. Essentially, bring the forums more in line with the standard forums out there.

Tip Posting | My Postings (815) | My Reviews (8) | View Source
Axion™ Feb 28, 2011 03:18 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I hate those survey pop-up thing's so much, I can never exit them fast enough.

I know personal tag's and signatures have been discussed before. But what about one where you can list the computer you own, at least your main one. It might make things easier when you write in here with a question. It will save people from having to write their spec's down over and over.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1146) | My Reviews (15) | View Source
Greg * NCIX.com Feb 28, 2011 03:19 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Um, that already works on NCIX. If you hover the mouse over the thumbnail, the 300x150 photo changes. Clicking on it brings up the larger view if available.

Anyways, already on my list. Actually the image system has been on the list for a while, just never got it implemented. I'd like to allow the content team to upload even bigger photos.

In terms of browsing/narrowing down search results, I have an idea I'm putting together for the category index to narrow down your results per subcategory groups. We had a similar system on the beta site but I don't think it works anymore. Not sure if this can be implemented in the search results.

Quote: (Nato9 @ Feb 28 2011, 02:47 PM)

a personal gripe is that the newsletters never seem to come before sales happen (usually *after*, and by then I sometimes miss out on surprise sale deals)... that's about it for me.

E-Mail speed has vastly improved a couple weeks ago. We're using a new system that allows the batch to be sent out much faster. As for the sales starting on time, that's outside of my realm.

Tip Posting | My Postings (23916) | My Reviews (7) | My Profile | View Source
James_8970 Feb 28, 2011 03:25 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

1.Fix the problem where it'll remove the white space when you edit your post. This has been an ongoing issue for a while.
2. Get rid of the list on the left side and make it all drop  down in an organized fashion.
3. I'm not sure if I'm alone in this issue, but I've had issues loading images for the past month for whatever reason.
James

Tip Posting | My Postings (7442) | My Reviews (36) | View Source
Lmui Feb 28, 2011 03:32 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I would love the option to sort lists by brand, then price, meaning instead of having all the items in a certain category sorted by brand and then alphabetically? they would be sorted by price.

Tip Posting | My Postings (7) | My Reviews (20) | View Source
Nicholas_W Feb 28, 2011 03:36 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

1) forums are very outdated...update  would nice to have but not needed. The edit is garbage in my opinion.

2) Significantly differentiate between WAREHOUSE and AVAILABLE stock. I see tons of complaints about how it is listed as in stock then magically are told they must wait 2 weeks or something to get their product

3) HUGE ONE.
The ability to add search options when trying to find products. Kind of like the ****does it. I want an LGA 1155 processor that is under $500 and over 2.4ghz etc

This message was modified by the poster at 02 28, 2011 03:37 PM

Tip Posting | My Postings (301) | My Reviews (20) | View Source
zonda_s Feb 28, 2011 03:54 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

you mean like results filtering? i agree with that. the thing is that may require extensive modifications to their back end systems, standardizing how information is inputted into their systems for new products, etc. unless if course their product database is already cleaned up then it may be a bit easier to implement.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1405) | My Reviews (16) | My Profile | View Source
Tommy_L Feb 28, 2011 03:54 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

fix the aspm please.
i tried to price match a logitech g110 for 65.00 and u guys offered it to me for $70.
the other day i saw it on extreme deal for $55.00.
Too bad i already bought it.

Tip Posting | My Postings (229) | My Reviews (0) | View Source
Master__Shake Feb 28, 2011 04:02 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

i would like to see the thumbnail images for all products,
i would also like to have more control when it comes to searching items, category, company, codename, series etc.
the forums are decent nothing to write home about,
why can't we see more topics or posts than what is already programmed, do we really need to click on them page by page, because when a topic has 5 pages you get bored of having to wait for each page to load then just give up on the topic.
instead of the long sections in the product listing why not have something like selectable tabs, specs, reviews from web, reviews from customers, messages, etc. im sure we dont need to read through the specs on the way to the messages from customers kinda redundant.
the stuff on the left pane in the main page is kinda old as well why can't it be more asthetically pleasing like drop  down menus or something.
also lets say you are building a computer and you are clicking from category to category when you clikc buy it takes you to your cart. why can't it just add it to your cart and then you can move on...why is it when ever i click buy i have to see whats in my cart. also why not just have a list appear when you put your mouse cursor over the cart in the top right corner. and why not have an option to add more than one item in quantity.
thats all i can think of for now.
oh and do we really need 800 advertisments along the right side of the page?
lose the memory configurator its useless if it worked people wouldnt be on the forums asking what memory works in what.

Tip Posting | My Postings (4316) | My Reviews (17) | My Profile | View Source
FailureOfHDDVD (mckchun on HWC) Feb 28, 2011 04:26 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

NCIX APP

so we able to:
- buy products
- track orders
- send message
- give ratings
- view/post on forums

etc

on iPhone or any android based cell phones

Tip Posting | My Postings (1075) | My Reviews (15) | View Source
a Nice Guy™ Feb 28, 2011 04:27 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Quick question: if we change the forums to some other system, does everyone's rating go back to zero?
That reminds me of Fight Club.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1935) | My Reviews (21) | My Profile | View Source
perijah Feb 28, 2011 04:27 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

To Axion: They aren't survey pop-ups. They are services that enable users to submit their own ideas/feedback and other users can vote ideas that they like, this makes it easy to see what are the most popular from the users' perspective. Each idea also has some sort of comment section where users can add/comment to the submitted idea for improvement/critic.

Other ones (http://www.bounceapp.com/) enable you to take a snapshot of a webpage and annotate it, enabling you to quickly comment on some parts where improvement could be done. It also makes it easier to communicate your ideas, which is not always easy using text.

Tip Posting | My Postings (350) | My Reviews (8) | View Source
xda_master Feb 28, 2011 04:31 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

A better way of organizing/searching for parts (i.e. in the style of certain other sites that won't be mentioned)

Being able to submit info for this organization, in a similar way that you can submit info to the info part of the product page

Also, slightly more improved way of price matching? i.e. ASPM could be a 5 or 7-day price match guarantee rather than right away

This message was modified by the poster at 02 28, 2011 04:32 PM

Tip Posting | My Postings (234) | My Reviews (17) | View Source
hlidskialf Feb 28, 2011 05:04 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

In addition to the forum and advanced search filter options, I'd like to see a listing for regular and PP prices when browsing by catagory without having to go to the product page. As it is now, PP only sporadically shows unless you have just signed out/in and only on the main product description page. As well, when looking on the sales page you can't tell if you're seeing discounts off the regular price, PP price, or sales price. It's quite inconsistant. Having them all listed would be nice.

I for one know I'd make far more impulse buys if I could easily see where I was making a big savings via PP. As it is now, it's usually accidental when reading a forum post and I check on the products' info page. (A side note, it'd be nice if the sales and/or PP price that was currently on the item would show in addition to the regular price when reading an item thread page. Currently you only see the regular price. Frequently causing confusion in the product discussion.)

Tip Posting | My Postings (316) | My Reviews (42) | View Source
justmoe1 Feb 28, 2011 05:20 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

add more options in the support ticket system to include new areas in ncix like ASPM issues, etc...

completely rewrite rating system or do away with it.

option to receive emails when someone replies to you in forum.

a separate pricing for business accounts similar to PP.

apps for mobile phones.

side categories to have all product types.

raise max image size for uploading.

Tip Posting | My Postings (7342) | My Reviews (21) | View Source
PREV   |   NEXT   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  

Contentname:Forums_Bottom
Call Queue
Now Serving
Avg. Response Time
Estimate: 10 mins
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

Recent Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (54949)
2. Greg * NCIX.com (33272)
3. Saberon (15405)
4. Spork™ (14097)
5. DJZ (7206)
All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Order Status
RMAs (Merchandise returns)
F.A.Q.
Contact Us / Store Locator
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller Program
VIP Memberships
Advantage Membership
Affiliate Program
Super Shipping Saver Club
Express Coverage
Express RMA
Express Shipping Service
Express Exchange and Care Coverage
Gift Cards & Balance Checker
Advanced Store Price Match
Black Friday Sale
Boxing Week Sale
NCIX Newsletters
NCIX Forums
Folding @ Home Team
The Banner Vault
International Sites:  Canada
Copyright© 2014 NCIX.com/Netlink Computer Inc. All rights reserved. S / Server ID:74 20141127144851  344 ms