Shop by Category | Brand | Order Tracking | Customer Care | Contact Us | Wishlist | My Account |
All
  • All Departments
  • Digital Download
Cart
 LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » DRIVES » SSD DRIVE NOT BEING DETECTED...

OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 240GB 2.5IN SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD

This item is warranted by the product manufacturer only.
OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 240GB 2.5IN SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD - 53310_l.jpg
Actual product may not be exactly as shown.
OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 240GB 2.5IN SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD - 53310_l.jpg OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 240GB 2.5IN SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD - 53310_1.jpg Customer Photos (0)
OCZ Technology
Reg. Price: $328.35  CAD
Availability:
This Product is Not Available

This item is no longer available. Notify me if this product is available again.
Service Plan:
NCIX Express Exchange
If your product is diagnosed as defective, we will replace it with a brand new one! Learn More
None, I do not want NCIX Express Exchange
NCIX.com 1 Year Component Express Exchange - Only $24.99
NCIX.com 2 Year Component Express Exchange - Only $60.99
NCIX.com 3 Year Component Express Exchange - Only $99.99
Avg. Rating:
Share this:
More Product Detail
E-Mail to a friend
More from OCZ Technology
More Solid State Drives - SSD from OCZ Technology
Similar products
Print this item
Notify me

SKU:  
   Shipping Weight:   0.4 lbs
   Part #: OCZSSD2-2VTXE240G
Subject: SSD Drive not being detected
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
ELMatador11 Dec 28, 2010 06:29 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Hey guys, wanted to see if anyone has run into this issue with this drive before. I installed windows 7 64 on this drive and everything was fine for awhile, then after the computer started blue screening. I ran a windows windows experience index and it crashed the computer at the end with the HDD test.

The drive is on Sata 2 port, I've tried multiple ports, different cables, power cables. Now the bios isn't even detecting the drive.

Do I have a defective drive do you think?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2287829

Tip Posting | My Postings (5) | My Reviews (1) | View Source
ELMatador11 Dec 28, 2010 07:12 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I think I might be in something called panic mode :(

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?82838-Vertex-2-suddenly-not-working&highlight=vertex+2+bios

NaX ©2008 Dec 28, 2010 07:13 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

that does not sound good at all
i had a SSD that just died out of the blue - nothing, nada, completely dead
RMA

if you tested it thoroughly (different cables and different systems) and all results point to the drive, then RMA

Tip Posting | My Postings (11019) | My Reviews (40) | View Source
chris_b Dec 28, 2010 07:33 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Your drive is toast. The same events happened to my vertex. Gotta send it back to OCZ.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1052) | My Reviews (4) | View Source
ELMatador11 Dec 28, 2010 07:54 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

K thanks guys.

Brian_W May 03, 2011 01:57 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Yeah me too. same thing, but it has only been used for less than 30 days!

Terrible!

And that ssd makes noise man!

How much is the shipping RMA to ocz you paid?

Tip Posting | My Postings (28) | My Reviews (75) | View Source
Tips: 20600 Points tipped from 1 members
Dave Jun 27, 2011 01:47 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I started getting some lockups over the weekend, and I thought it was because I upgraded to Firefox 5.0 (as it was only happening while surfing). The only way to do force a reboot, or do anything for that matter, was to turn the power button off.

It happened a couple of times this morning, and then I got the message "Reboot and select  proper boot device or insert  boot media in select ed boot device and press a key".

I took things apart and checked the connects, and they appear fine. I was getting power to the unit, as the green light lit up on the back, and switched sata ports on the computer (but did use the same cable). I noticed that when I booted up, my HDD light on my computer case was constantly on.

Now, based on the above noted comments, my drive is probably fubar. Is there another way to confirm this (I'll try to hook it up to this different computer in the morning) as I would like to confirm the data is erased from the drive (in the event I have to rma it).

Thanks in advance...

Dave

Tip Posting | My Postings (115) | My Reviews (0) | View Source

NCIX Forum Messages

Please note that NCIX.com Forums is not a sales or product support board. For sales or specific product related questions, please send message to receive the fastest response.

Messages about OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 240GB 2.5IN SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD

Price Dropping??? (Randal_S- Oct 18, 11, 6 Replies) Read this message
Do NOT be fooled, the price is 30$ more ! (JetSter735180- Jul 26, 11, 10 Replies) Read this message
mbp late 2009 (TopDawg- Jul 11, 11, 7 Replies) Read this message
Only 80mb write on this too? (James_A- Jul 04, 11, 1 Replies) Read this message
SSD Drive not being detected (ELMatador11- Jun 27, 11, 6 Replies) Read this message
Before I make this crazzyyyy decision (_Zens'Q9450™- Jun 02, 11, 30 Replies) Read this message
SSD - Defrag or Don't Defrag? (Randal_S- Apr 30, 11, 9 Replies) Read this message
Expecting price drop  after Vertex 3 release (Nothsa_~- Apr 03, 11, 1 Replies) Read this message
How To Mount This? (Randal_S- Dec 30, 10, 13 Replies) Read this message

Post a New Message  |    All Messages       Browse NCIX Forums

Forum messages are not reviewed and may not contain accurate information about a product. Message contents are opinions from customers based on their own experience with a product. We do not recommend you make puchasing decisions based on Forum messages.

Contentname:Forums_Bottom
Call Queue
Now Serving
Closed
Avg. Response Time
Closed
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

Recent Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (54813)
2. Greg * NCIX.com (33173)
3. Saberon (15265)
4. Spork™ (13984)
5. joel f (576)
All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Order Status
RMAs (Merchandise returns)
F.A.Q.
Contact Us / Store Locator
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller Program
VIP Memberships
Advantage Membership
Affiliate Program
Super Shipping Saver Club
Express Coverage
Express RMA
Express Shipping Service
Express Exchange and Care Coverage
Gift Cards & Balance Checker
Advanced Store Price Match
Black Friday Sale
Boxing Week Sale
NCIX Newsletters
NCIX Forums
Folding @ Home Team
The Banner Vault
International Sites:  Canada
Get the best discount computers online for online computer shopping and discount PC computer components as well as notebook computers, laptops and Canada custom computers for the best deals on computers.
NCIX.com provides Canada the best priced computers in the country for computer components and computer parts and computer accessories with the best online computer store in Canada for your personal and business computer needs.
At NCIX you can build your own computer online as well as search for the cheapest and best video cards, computer processors and CPUs, motherboards computer memory RAM, ssd and hard drives with the fastest shipping in Canada and the US.
So for discount computers online NCIX provides the cheapest digital cameras, printers, motherboards, flash memory, PC speakers and computer electronics with the best Canadian computer and Canadian online computer shopping website in the world.

NCIX.com is powered by Intel® Xeon® Quad Core Processors
Copyright© 2014 NCIX.com/Netlink Computer Inc. All rights reserved. S / Server ID:74 20141101044640  438 ms