Shop by Category | Brand | Order Tracking | Customer Care | Contact Us | Wishlist | My Account |
All
  • All Departments
  • Digital Download
Cart
 LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » MONITORS » REMOVE THE STAND?...

Acer AL1916W 19IN Widescreen LCD Black 1440X900 500:1 0.294MM 8MS Analog Monitor

Acer AL1916W 19IN Widescreen LCD Black 1440X900 500:1 0.294MM 8MS Analog Monitor
Actual product may not be exactly as shown.
Customer Photos (0)
Acer

Express Coverage
Reg. Price: $231.42  CAD
Availability:
This Product is Not Available

This item is no longer available. Notify me if this product is available again.
$5.99 GROUND SHIPPING !
Service Plan:
NCIX Express Exchange
If your product is diagnosed as defective, we will replace it with a brand new one! Learn More
None, I do not want NCIX Express Exchange
NCIX.com 2 Year Express Exchange - Only $36.99
NCIX.com 3 Year Express Exchange - Only $44.99
Avg. Rating:
Share this:
More Product Detail
E-Mail to a friend
More from Acer
More LCD Monitors from Acer
Similar products
Print this item
Notify me

SKU:  
   Shipping Weight:   15 lbs
   Part #: ET.L5209.005
Subject: Remove the stand?
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
SB D Jan 22, 2006 11:10 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I got this monitor last week and I've mounted it on my wall today. There's just one problem though - the stand is still attached. Does anyone know how to remove it? I've removed the base of the stand, but the stem's still there! I've unscrewed the screws in there, but this appears to have done nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=1018603

Tip Posting | My Postings (1) | My Reviews (0) | View Source
Charlton_L Feb 01, 2006 09:26 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Those little tabs need to pressed in the direction of the arrow while you pull the base away from the monitor. It is EXTREMELY difficult and I had to get someone to help me out to do it. Be careful not to snap anything but at the same time if your too afraid to apply pressure your not going to get it loose. :/

Tip Posting | My Postings (2) | My Reviews (0) | View Source
thomas_h May 24, 2006 02:48 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

umm i cant seem to get the stand off either what are the 2 tabs you are talking about?

It kinda sounds like you are talking about the big plastic base. I want to take the whole bottom stand assembily off?

If so could you please provide a descritption of how to take it off because i cannot see how too.

Tip Posting | My Postings (4) | My Reviews (0) | View Source
RossCorp May 24, 2006 10:41 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Wow, I have this monitor too, and I took a quick look.....don't know what to say.

Very confusing, but there must be a way.

Tip Posting | My Postings (377) | My Reviews (11) | View Source
Mark B Jul 01, 2006 03:05 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Did you ever solve this? I just got one of these monitors last week and I really need to take the stand off as well. A google search about the issue led me to this forum. It would be really helpful if you happened to have come up with anything. ACER is almost impossible to reach. I like the monitor otherwise but may have to return it if this isn't gonna happen.

Thanks.

MarkB Jul 03, 2006 12:08 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (3) | Top | Bottom

Okay for anyone who still needs info on this, I just got off the phone with ACER. It's VERY easy as it turns out. The "cowling" or plastic cover over the hinge where the stand enters the back of the monitor just LOOKS like it's part of the back of the monitor. It actually pops right off if you just squeeze the sides of it, fit your fingernail under the edge and POP it right off. I really thought it was part of the back of the monitor, but it's not. Once it pops off you'll see 4 screws. The rest is self explanatory. You don't even need to take the based of the stand off, it has nothing to do with the 2 screws inside there.

Hope this helps if anyone's stuck with the same issue.

Julian S Sep 03, 2007 01:04 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Hi MarkB. I am *THIS* close to buying the monitor but it will be the new updated version Acer AL1917WAbd. Looks roughly the same except this one has built in speakers. Anyway, what would you say the chances are that the stand can be removed from *THIS* new model, like it can with the Acer AL1916WAbd?

Bruce P Sep 16, 2007 01:31 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

All Acer monitors have the same stand.
Snap off the cover on the back of the monitor. It appears to be attached to the monitor, but it's not. It just covers the pivot. It is long and has six snap points to the back of the monitor. I got my loose by playing around with a flat head screwdriver. Underneath are four screens.

Julian_S Sep 16, 2007 10:14 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Thanks for the reply, bro

shoaib m Oct 01, 2007 08:15 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I just purchased an acer 22" lcd monitor, I installed it to my wall without removing the stand (stem) which I couldn't figure out. After a google search I found this forum and now I've removed the stand completely. Thanks MARK B

Abram_M Nov 03, 2007 07:03 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

There IS a slight difference bwtween teh 2 of these I've had..

BTW - here's a link to teh manual that tells ya hwo to do it. Yes, it's still a bitch.

http://csd.acer.com.tw/acer/URMUL1.NSF/1af87a750eeeb70f0825628f006e0bfc/86c01365b6b82317482572330038e26e/$FILE/X191%20user_enu.pdf

Tip Posting | My Postings (47) | My Reviews (38) | View Source
7r380r Jan 01, 2008 12:37 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

AL1917W A04
I just removed the stem from the base and yes it is difficult.
I didn't want to hang it (yet). I wanted to put it back in the box.

Remove the stem and base from the back of the monitor using the 4 black screws under the snap-off cover at the top of the stem. This makes the base easier to manipulate and saves the LCD monitor from damage during later exertions.

Remove the metal plate from the bottom using the 2 silver screws.

Use a tool that allows COMPLETE contact across the surface of each tab. Make one from a block of wood if you have to. I was lucky and had a nylon technicians tool with a square handle.

1. Push gently on all 8 tabs [3 on each side, 1 on each end]. See which ones move. If any move far enough to click, leave them until later.
2. Repeat step 1 with remaining tabs, pushing harder each time. Eventually you will have moved all 8 tabs enough to 'unlatch' them. Don't worry if they move back.
3. Now work in a circle until you have all 8 unlatched at the same time.
4. Slide stem up and off of base.
5. re-attach stem to back of monitor or just replace the black screws in the back of the monitor for safekeeping and snap the cover back on.
6. replace the metal plate on the bottom of the base.

What do you recommend for hanging? I see the 4 screw holes in the back. Is there a wall bracket available?

This message was modified by the poster at 01 01, 2008 12:39 PM

supersoulman Mar 21, 2008 05:42 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Hi MarkB, if you're still around. I just want to say a big big thank-you!
I spent about 20 minutes struggling to remove the damn stand from an Acer.
Afraid I break or crack the case or worse LCD.
Read the manual - no help. Search the web - no help. Until I found your post.
Done in 2 secs!!

Thanks man!

real v Oct 20, 2008 08:45 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I just managed to remove the stand of my monitor courtesy this forum. I was getting frustrated and trying to push the tabs on the bottom as instructed in the manual. I've uploaded some photos here to illustrate the process:

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/38171738aN00/

Illustration Here[/url]

Hope this helps

onthemove Dec 19, 2008 04:02 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Hey there... I have an Acer Monitor, Model X223W and I'm having the same problem. I think I know what you guys are talking about, but not sure... There is the top part to that "stem" (the base fits up into) that I think is what I should pry off... But, so nervous... Does that sound right?

Acer basically said I would have to figure it out on my own... I bought two of them and now can't mount them on my stand like I had intended...

Any help will be so much appreciated!

Kristen M Mar 30, 2009 10:51 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Thank you MarkB!
I was just so frustrated with ACER and with trying to remove the monitor stand ... you were right! The back (top of base) pops off, even though it looks like it is permanently attached, and there are 4 screws there connecting the stand.
My base is off and I am so grateful.

Tip Posting | My Postings (0) | My Reviews (0) | View Source
Amy M Apr 09, 2009 01:11 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I know this is an old post, but if you're still out there...
Do you still have those pictures? And do you know if the same instructions would apply to an Acer X233H? I am trying to help out a client/friend, and his monitor stand is driving him crazy! Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Dean_P Apr 16, 2009 08:42 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

The stand on the X233H does come off easy ... once you learn the trick. I laid the monitor on it's face and reached across, behind the base of the stand where it connects to the back of the monitor, and pryed the covers off. The two covers are normaly flush with the back of the monitor, and create  a tight fit all the way around, but have a little bump on the inner sides to allow the stand bracket to exit. Once those covers (about 1.25" x 1.25" each) are off you are four philips head screws away from stand-less bliss.

I had an HP stand that fit the VESA mounting holes, but is much more adjustable in terms of height tilt.

Douglas_C Jun 13, 2009 08:15 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

2009-06-12

THANKS for the great advice ... I never would have figured that out !

DAC

CEAI
www.Engineering-Excellence.US

Janice_W Dec 31, 2009 03:30 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Bob W Jan 12, 2010 06:13 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Does anyone out there have an old monitor stand that will fit an Acer H243H that they have removed, don't need, and not thrown away yet? I broke the horizontal base part on mine when it tipped over and cannot find a replacement anywhere. I'd be happy to pay you something for it, of course. Thanks!

LookingIn May 05, 2010 06:54 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Sorry Bob, no spare stand, but to everyone else thanks for this thread. I just got the base off my AL1706 using the hints here. Some additional info that may help: use your screwdriver first on the two tabs that are at the bottom of the upside down "U" shaped cover - if you get those 2 loose the whole thing comes right off. Also, the four screws that hold the base on are perfect size for the four mounting holes in the centre of the monitor back if you want to put the monitor onto a swing arm or something.

Tip Posting | My Postings (4) | My Reviews (0) | View Source

NCIX Forum Messages

Please note that NCIX.com Forums is not a sales or product support board. For sales or specific product related questions, please send message to receive the fastest response.

Messages about Acer AL1916W 19IN Widescreen LCD Black 1440X900 500:1 0.294MM 8MS Analog Monitor

Remove the stand? (SB D- May 05, 10, 21 Replies) Read this message
base for acer monitor (William_F- Sep 25, 09, 2 Replies) Read this message
Some advice (SpaceAge_Jewish_Hustler- Aug 13, 08, 5 Replies) Read this message
Darker on top then bottom?? (Steve_E- Sep 06, 07, 1 Replies) Read this message
Slow start-up (Teemu t- Jan 17, 07, 1 Replies) Read this message
Color only at 16bit - NO 32bit !! (S_M- Oct 22, 06, 3 Replies) Read this message
Acer AL1916W (Doug_N- Aug 22, 06, 10 Replies) Read this message
Gaming? (Istvan_B- Aug 15, 06, 3 Replies) Read this message
HUGE QUESTIONS (Nick_K- Aug 06, 06, 8 Replies) Read this message
rolling lines (ron_j- Jul 22, 06, 11 Replies) Read this message
Need Help To Get LCD Monitor! Please!!! (The Hach- Jul 05, 06, 4 Replies) Read this message
Availability !!! (skinsnapper- Jun 29, 06, 6 Replies) Read this message
How long is the cable, (is there one?)? (Isaac_H- Jun 22, 06, 1 Replies) Read this message
Just picked this up... amazing. (Chyort- Jun 20, 06, 7 Replies) Read this message

Post a New Message  |    All Messages       Browse NCIX Forums

Forum messages are not reviewed and may not contain accurate information about a product. Message contents are opinions from customers based on their own experience with a product. We do not recommend you make puchasing decisions based on Forum messages.

Contentname:Forums_Bottom
Call Queue
Now Serving
Avg. Response Time
Estimate: 44 mins
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

Recent Experts
1. Alter3d Reality (17203)
2. Saberon (14923)
3. Spork™ (13687)
4. DJZ (6917)
5. Rebecca_M (257)
All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Order Status
RMAs (Merchandise returns)
F.A.Q.
Contact Us / Store Locator
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller Program
VIP Memberships
Advantage Membership
Affiliate Program
Express Coverage
Express RMA
Express Shipping Service
Express Exchange and Care Coverage
Gift Cards & Balance Checker
NCIX Newsletters
NCIX Forums
Folding @ Home Team
The Banner Vault
International Sites:  Canada
Get the best discount computers online for online computer shopping and discount PC computer components as well as notebook computers, laptops and Canada custom computers for the best deals on computers.
NCIX.com provides Canada the best priced computers in the country for computer components and computer parts and computer accessories with the best online computer store in Canada for your personal and business computer needs.
At NCIX you can build your own computer online as well as search for the cheapest and best video cards, computer processors and CPUs, motherboards computer memory RAM, ssd and hard drives with the fastest shipping in Canada and the US.
So for discount computers online NCIX provides the cheapest digital cameras, printers, motherboards, flash memory, PC speakers and computer electronics with the best Canadian computer and Canadian online computer shopping website in the world.

NCIX.com is powered by Intel® Xeon® Quad Core Processors
Copyright© 2014 NCIX.com/Netlink Computer Inc. All rights reserved. S / Server ID:74 20140729115010  734 ms