Shop by Category | Brand | Order Tracking | Customer Care | Contact Us | Wishlist | My Account |
All
  • All Departments
  • Digital Download
Cart
My Drafts
General Topics
  Tech News
  What's New
  NCIX.com Q&A
  Important Notices
  General Discussions
  Suggestions/Feedback
  Site Bug Reports
  PC Builder Workshop
  NCIX Gaming Community
  NCIX Tech Tips
  Linus Tech Tips
  NCIX Esther
  Manufacturer Support
  CPU Discussions
  Video Cards
  Power Supplies
  Folding @ Home
  Moderated
  Off Topic
  Overclocking
  Product Requests
  PC Modding
Software Topics
  Operating Systems
  Linux
  Freeware/Shareware
  Open Source Projects
  Driver Updates
Broadband Topics
  Shaw Cable
  Telus ADSL
  Speed Test Reports
FAQs
  NCIX FAQs
  Hardware FAQs
  Overclocking FAQs
  Other FAQs
  Software FAQs
Top Categories
  Blu-Ray Drives
  Bundle Deals
  Camcorders
  CD & DVD Drives
  Chromebook
  Computer Cases
  CPU Heatsinks
  DDR2 Desktop Memory
  DDR3 Desktop Memory
  Digital Cameras
  External Hard Drives
  Fans & Cooling
  Hard Drives
  HTPC Accessories
  Inkjet Printers
  Internet Routers
  Keyboards
  Laser Printers
  LCD Monitors
  Mice & Pointing Devices
  Mobile Phones
  Modding
  Motherboards
  Multi-Function Printers
  Network Adapters
  Network Storage NAS
  Network Switches
  PC Games
  Power Supplies
  Processors (CPUs)
  PS3 Games
  Scanners
  SD Secure Digital
  Solid State Drives - SSD
  Speakers & Audio
  UPS/Power Management
  USB Flash Drives
  Video Cards
  Water Cooling
  Webcams
  Wireless Accessories
  XBox 360
 LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » MANUFACTURER SUPPORT » SPEAKERS EMMITTING SEMI-CONSTANT STATIC...

Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2200 2.1 46W RMS 6IN Subwoofer PC Speaker System

Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2200 2.1 46W RMS 6IN Subwoofer PC Speaker System
Actual product may not be exactly as shown.
Customer Photos (0)
Corsair
Reg. Price: $99.99  CAD
Availability:
This Product is Not Available

This item is no longer available. Notify me if this product is available again.
Service Plan:
NCIX Express Exchange
If your product is diagnosed as defective, we will replace it with a brand new one! Learn More
None, I do not want NCIX Express Exchange
NCIX.com 2 Year Express Exchange - Only $12.99
NCIX.com 3 Year Express Exchange - Only $14.99
Avg. Rating:
Share this:
More Product Detail
E-Mail to a friend
More from Corsair
More Speakers & Audio from Corsair
Similar products
Print this item
Notify me

SKU:  
   Shipping Weight:   11.2 lbs
   Part #: CA-SP212NA
Subject: Speakers emmitting semi-constant static
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
Coach_Z Nov 11, 2011 07:47 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I have owned these speakers less than a month and now I am finding that they are puttering away by themselves in the corner......... static.. pop...static.. static......pop..................... and then it repeats for a time. After comes a period of nothing, silence but it does not last.

I have tried unplugging the speakers from the crappy on board audio thinking that it was problem. Doing so did not help.

If anyone has advice to offer please do so.

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2432190

Tip Posting | My Postings (4667) | My Reviews (18) | View Source
Darkline Nov 11, 2011 07:54 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Exchange for Edifier s330d, you won't regret it. The edifier set are just slightly more expensive but much higher build quality.

The issue with the corsair's could be volume control or cables.

This message was modified by the poster at 11 11, 2011 07:55 PM

Tip Posting | My Postings (3806) | My Reviews (7) | View Source
Coach_Z Nov 11, 2011 08:16 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Should have thought of that... I will look into it, Thanks.

Oh and I paid $40 for the SP2200 so that make the ones you referred to relatively expensive. thanks for the idea though.

Yellowbeard Nov 12, 2011 12:04 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Some users have had this issue when their cables were not fully seated. Please unplug ALL your cables and reseat them making sure that they are fully and firmly inserted.

If your problem persists and you need an RMA, NCIX or Corsair will be happy to help.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1447) | My Reviews (0) | My Profile | View Source
Coach_Z Nov 12, 2011 12:10 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I did try that but I will try again. In the event that I need to RMA I am concerned because I no longer have the retail box that the speakers came in.

Coach_Z Nov 12, 2011 12:41 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Ok I will need an RMA. I have tried many times to re-seat the cables and it is no better. It appears to be the Right Speaker connection to the woofer. What are my options bc I no longer have the box that they came in? Thanks in advance yellowbeard

This message was modified by the poster at 11 12, 2011 12:43 PM

Yellowbeard Nov 12, 2011 12:53 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

The original packaging is not a requirement. Here is the RMA link. describe  your problem in detail in the narrative and we'll get you fixed up.

http://www.corsair.com/support/technicalsupport/default.aspx

Tip Posting | My Postings (1447) | My Reviews (0) | My Profile | View Source
Coach_Z Nov 12, 2011 01:00 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

You are the man, thanks!

I tried one more thing. I fully inserted the Right Speaker connector (like I have done many times before) but this time though I gently massaged it in a circular motion. I am not sure if that was fully conveyed as it was meant to be but anyway now I have silence. If the issue returns I will RMA. Thanks again Yellowbeard.

Chicoman Nov 12, 2011 01:19 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Yep, that's the right way and it works every time
:ph34r:

PS glad to hear you figured it out. Hopefully it stays that way.

Tip Posting | My Postings (8042) | My Reviews (124) | View Source
Coach_Z Feb 13, 2012 09:23 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I thought I should post back here and report what has happened since November 2012 because my last post here was not the end of the story.

The static came back a short time later and continued. I rma'd. Corsair sent me new SP2200 that I received them about a month ago. As of just the other day the replacement SP2200 which Corsair told me would not have the same issue because they had addressed issue have now started to exhibit the same symptoms. I am now faced with another RMA.

If I could do it all over again I would not buy these. It is too bad really because when they work I like them! It is unfortunate that they do not work.

Coach_Z Feb 28, 2012 07:08 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

UPDATE:

Corsair received back the second set that were exhibiting the same symptoms as the first. They have now sent me a message saying that the SP2200 are EOL and that they have none to send back to me. They are now offering an H80 or 1500 headset or a refund. I have a 1500 headset already so which option would you guys take if you were me? The H80 interests me but TBH I still need a 2.1 set of speakers here for my dedicated G27 racing system. Too bad they are not offering the SP2500.

Philippe_L Feb 28, 2012 07:25 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I would get a refund and buy something else.

Also, do more research about your next set and maybe go higher in price to get better hardware.

Anyway, gl :)

This message was modified by the poster at 02 28, 2012 07:27 AM

Tip Posting | My Postings (1159) | My Reviews (26) | View Source
KrUsHeR™ Feb 28, 2012 08:24 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I would take the H80. You mentioned only paying $40 for the SP2200's, and $40 is a great deal on a H80...

Tip Posting | My Postings (1925) | My Reviews (73) | My Profile | View Source
Coach_Z Mar 01, 2012 11:07 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I went for the refund. Who knows how long that will take to be processed

IMHO Corsair has issues with these speakers and they are trying to handle it on the down low instead of admitting it out right. That is solely my opinion. I have talked with a number of people all have the same issue. The forums at Corsair have numerous threads concerning the same issue. I would have loved if Corsair would have offered the option to upgrade to SP2500 for a reasonable fee but no that was not an option. The lady I spoke to at Corsair made it very clear SP2500 were NOT an option.

Perhaps ironically NCIX has the SP2200 on sale for 60% off... In a weird way I am near tempted to buy another pair bc they are cheap and maybe I would get a set that works. And when they worked I was completely satisfied!!!

In the end I will be using my refunded money to go buy some S730. I am tired of RMAing to corsair and hope that my money will be better invested in a quality set.

Coach_Z Apr 10, 2012 03:21 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Update: I was told that I would hear from Corsair once the refund was approved. After a month still nothing.

Pawtucket Apr 10, 2012 03:41 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Where's Yellowbeard? Haven't seen him in a while. Someone send him a signal

Tip Posting | My Postings (6611) | My Reviews (38) | My Profile | View Source
Coach_Z Apr 21, 2012 07:33 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

UPDATE:

Still waiting... This is getting ridiculous!!!

Spork™ Apr 21, 2012 09:26 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Wow really sad of corsair.
Just next time pick up the Edifier S330D PM to $109

Tip Posting | My Postings (11211) | My Reviews (84) | My Profile | View Source
Coach_Z Apr 21, 2012 09:53 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Indeed sad.

I picked up some Edifier S730's.

Spork™ Apr 21, 2012 10:02 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Well that is a big difference from the SP2200. I know you will enjoy those.

Coach_Z Apr 21, 2012 10:33 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Ya the S730 are good but TBH the low end performance falls way off prematurely. <40hz and there is little to NOTHING there. I do not want to come across as hard to please but I thought the 10inch sub from Edifier would go deeper.

The Package Apr 21, 2012 05:43 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

You're not going to get any extension or SPL from a sub of that magnitude. If you want low end purchase a real sub.

PC audio is horrible, in almost all aspects. You're not going to find high end, at and price point in that category. If you want great sound, get a decent amp and a decent set of towers and a sub.

I'm sure someone will come on here and say "but but but, my speakers are awesome!" I'm glad for you, but for anyone who loves audio, they sound like ****.

If you're not spending into the 1000 dollar range, which really is the low end, you're not going to get 90-100 SPL at 20 hz from your setup. I have the edifier 330D's at work, and I like it. However it's not great, or even good, compared to my media room.

This message was modified by the poster at 04 21, 2012 05:45 PM

Tip Posting | My Postings (232) | My Reviews (8) | View Source
Spork™ Apr 21, 2012 07:01 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

That is so false, I dont know where to begin.
$1000 to get what you need, is a load of crap.

The Edifier series the S330D, S730 is top notch for what it is. Compared to any other speakers, there in a league of there own for 2.1

With the proper calibration and proper sound card (Internal or External) both can produce a clarity found in most higher end systems of its kind.

Not sure where else I can go from here.

Coach_Z Apr 22, 2012 08:46 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

You are kidding right? 40hz is not too much to ask from a 10" sub like the S730 uses! They retail for $479.99 and IMO there is no real excuse for the rapid fall off other than that Edifier used a ported (dual 10" passive radiators) enclosure and tuned it for around 50hz. IMO it should have been tuned for ~40hz.

Quote: (The Package @ Apr 21 2012, 05:43 PM)

If you're not spending into the 1000 dollar range, which really is the low end, you're not going to get 90-100 SPL at 20 hz from your setup.
Okay, are you saying that $1000 is going to pay for an amp and speakers that can produce 90-100db at 20hz? Maybe if that grand was spent only on the sub would you get that kind of performance... I could be wrong I do admit but 100db at 20Hz is no small feat.

Quote: (The Package @ Apr 21 2012, 05:43 PM)

However it's not great, or even good, compared to my media room.
Where did you get the idea that my expectations were that high? All I said was that the roll off was premature.

Babaghan Apr 22, 2012 10:26 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

You guys can quit talking about good bass anytime now

I had to get rid of a downward firing 15" Velodyne subwoofer when I moved into this condo. I've never heard such tight, accurate bass (down to 18hz) since I let it go. And yeah, the most expensive frequencies to reproduce are at the low end.

Tip Posting | My Postings (7126) | My Reviews (80) | View Source
The Package Apr 22, 2012 11:15 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

A league of their own for what? Not SPL, or extension. Calibration? How exactly do you calibrate a 2.1 system? If you're using anything other than a flat equalizer it means your speakers aren't doing what they should be, and are trying to compensate. Calibrating audio is to ensure all speakers are arriving at the listening areas at equal SPL, nothing more. You shouldn't be having that problem with a 2.1 setup since both channels are the same distance from you.

If anyone was lucky enough to purchase some TSC (The Speaker Company) towers and subs while they were still in business you could put together a fantastic 2.1 system for 550-600 dollars. The only part of PC audio that is a league of their own is the low end, because you cannot put together a system yourself for 50 bucks.

coach-Z, I agree with you, there really is no excuse for a system that costs that much.

This message was modified by the poster at 04 22, 2012 11:16 AM

Tip Posting | My Postings (232) | My Reviews (8) | View Source

NCIX Forum Messages

Please note that NCIX.com Forums is not a sales or product support board. For sales or specific product related questions, please send message to receive the fastest response.

Messages about Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2200 2.1 46W RMS 6IN Subwoofer PC Speaker System

Bad Speakers (Michael_M- Jul 03, 12, 4 Replies) Read this message
Speakers emmitting semi-constant static (Coach_Z- Apr 22, 12, 25 Replies) Read this message
Constant high pitch noise (kvnpark- Feb 10, 12, 8 Replies) Read this message
Questions/Comments about Corsair MIR Visa cards (Coach_Z- Dec 15, 11, 9 Replies) Read this message
These or Logitech Z506 (mewxpc- Apr 05, 11, 2 Replies) Read this message

Post a New Message  |    All Messages       Browse NCIX Forums

Forum messages are not reviewed and may not contain accurate information about a product. Message contents are opinions from customers based on their own experience with a product. We do not recommend you make puchasing decisions based on Forum messages.

Call Queue
Now Serving
Avg. Response Time
Estimate: 87 mins
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

Recent Experts
1. Alter3d Reality (17198)
2. Saberon (14854)
3. Spork™ (13667)
4. JohnyBoy (4188)
5. Rebecca_M (255)
All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Order Status
RMAs (Merchandise returns)
F.A.Q.
Contact Us / Store Locator
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller Program
VIP Memberships
Advantage Membership
Affiliate Program
Express Coverage
Express RMA
Express Shipping Service
Express Exchange and Care Coverage
Gift Cards & Balance Checker
NCIX Newsletters
NCIX Forums
Folding @ Home Team
The Banner Vault
International Sites:  Canada
Get the best discount computers online for online computer shopping and discount PC computer components as well as notebook computers, laptops and Canada custom computers for the best deals on computers.
NCIX.com provides Canada the best priced computers in the country for computer components and computer parts and computer accessories with the best online computer store in Canada for your personal and business computer needs.
At NCIX you can build your own computer online as well as search for the cheapest and best video cards, computer processors and CPUs, motherboards computer memory RAM, ssd and hard drives with the fastest shipping in Canada and the US.
So for discount computers online NCIX provides the cheapest digital cameras, printers, motherboards, flash memory, PC speakers and computer electronics with the best Canadian computer and Canadian online computer shopping website in the world.

NCIX.com is powered by Intel® Xeon® Quad Core Processors
Copyright© 2014 NCIX.com/Netlink Computer Inc. All rights reserved. S / Server ID:74 20140723130628  719 ms