USB Flash Drives
  Video Cards
  Webcams
  Wired Routers
  Wireless Accessories
NCIX.com Forums

FORUMS »

QUALITY OF THIS FOR PLAYING GAMES...

Phantom Entertainment Lapboard Wireless Gaming Keyboard & Laser Mouse Combo Midnight Black

Phantom Entertainment Lapboard Wireless Gaming Keyboard & Laser Mouse Combo Midnight Black - 1
Actual product may not be exactly as shown.
Phantom Entertainment Lapboard Wireless Gaming Keyboard & Laser Mouse Combo Midnight Black - 56200_l.jpg Customer Photos (0)
Phantom Entertainment
Reg. Price: $129.99  CAD
Availability:
This Product is Not Available

This item is no longer available. Notify me if this product is available again.
Service Plan:
NCIX Express Exchange
If your product is diagnosed as defective, we will replace it with a brand new one! Learn More
None, I do not want NCIX Express Exchange
NCIX.com 2 Year Express Exchange - Only $18.99
NCIX.com 3 Year Express Exchange - Only $22.99

Average Rating:

Share this:

This product is not available.

More Product Detail
E-Mail to a friend
More from Phantom Entertainment

More Phantom Entertainment Keyboard & Mouse Combo

Similar products
Print this item
Notify me

Part #: Lapboard-B

SKU: 56200
Shipping Weight: 4 lbs
Shipping estimated: $5.99 *
*Via ncix selected courier.

Subject:

Quality of this for playing games

Share this:
Author Date Posted Tools
shawn_r Nov 27, 2010 03:06 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I am reading alot of mixed reviews on this lapboard. I am asking if this will work well playing world of warcraft. Now since I do play serious at times "as a healer" So I need this to be somewhat accurate and responsive.
Also since this is a called a gaming keyboard is there software to remap or disable keys. With being only a 3 button mouse I will need to use control and alt alot so disabling the windows key in between is a needed. "I know of the way to do it through the registry if I have too"

This wont be my main way I play but when ever I want to sit back and play on the tv.

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2272452

Tip Posting | My Postings (637) | My Reviews (10) | View Source | Report
JOHN_L Manufacturer Nov 27, 2010 03:48 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Hi Shawn the Lapboard does work well with gaming however the mouse was made more for MC/IPTV so many hardcore gamers use their favorite gaming wireless mouse w more buttons ect...

We may offer a gaming mouse next year. If you don't like the unit I back NCIX with their return policy and ours which extends a year. Thanks for your interest.

John

Tip Posting | My Postings (21) | My Reviews (0) | View Source | Report
shawn_r Nov 27, 2010 04:12 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I have read its a 1200dpi mouse that is more than enough for healing in wow, as long as it tracks well and is somewhat responsive. To be honest it would have to be a real pos for it not to work well enough in this senario.

But my other questions were, is key remapping possible, and disabling of keys. If its not I would consider having ncix remove the gaming from the description.

JOHN_L Manufacturer Nov 27, 2010 04:15 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

remapping is possible but we dont offer a sw to do that. we have had other end users remap on their own. Sorry.

shawn_r Nov 27, 2010 04:22 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Well I called my rep at ncix and ill pick one up later today. If you like I will give my honest, mature opinion of it once I used it awhile.

JOHN_L Manufacturer Nov 28, 2010 07:32 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

thanks Shawn...looking forward to hear back from you

shawn_r Nov 30, 2010 10:05 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Well after a couple days.
I really like the idea behind it, its a very comfortable position to use for gaming, and the mouse and keyboard are accurate enough for mmo gaming. But the one issue I have is range of the mouse. After 8 feet it stutters bad to the point of being unusable. I had to connect the reciever to a usb extention cable and bring it 3 ft in front of the tv for it to work properly.
The keyboard is better but if I connect the reciever to the back of the computer (which is on top of the tv and about 12 ft away from where i sit) well every second keystroke will get missed. I have a few wireless products that have issues when connected in the back. But plugging the reciever in the front of the case fixes the keyboard issues.
I am going to pick up some new batteries and try that, do you have any other suggestions.
But besides that im very impressed with the design and build quality, but if I cant resolve the range issues it will be a deal breaker on the product.

JOHN_L Manufacturer Nov 30, 2010 10:17 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

batteries may help, we have had a few ppl contact us w similar issues and changing the batts resolved the signal strength issues. lmk what happens, I have been able to use mine well past the 10ft mark.

majorPEBKAC Nov 30, 2010 10:23 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

It's very nice to see the manufacturers observing the posts on this site. I have heard some bad things about Phantom since the console was never released, but that was a different company and seriously how could anyone be expected to compete with the likes of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo?

Phantom is focusing on peripherals now and it's great to see people like John in these forums answering consumers honestly and helpfully. Kudos to John I hope this changes some people's opinion of Phantom as a company since this is what good customer service is all about. +5

Tip Posting | My Postings (2814) | My Reviews (14) | View Source | Report
JOHN_L Manufacturer Nov 30, 2010 10:33 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

THANKS!!!

One day and one sale at a time.

Tuerivitam Nov 30, 2010 10:36 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Not about this mouse but in general, I found wireless mouse/keyboard to start stuttering/missing outputs just before they die out. I used a G7 mouse but disliked the battery issue so switched to a G5.

Reason I bring it up is because using Setpoint (and UberOptions for more control), you can set your buttons to alot of different keys and do it per program. I've found it's been really useful to have side buttons bound as shift/ctrl and side-scroll for PTT (vent), while giving me default web browsing buttons in FF and other remaped keys in other games.

Tip Posting | My Postings (588) | My Reviews (44) | View Source | Report
majorPEBKAC Nov 30, 2010 10:39 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I'm pretty sure there's an app online that will remap your mouse buttons and probably consumes less than a meg of space.

Tip Posting | My Postings (2814) | My Reviews (14) | View Source | Report
shawn_r Dec 04, 2010 12:53 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Well now that I used it for awhile I can say that the range of this product is very poor. (keyboard and mouse)
I have very mixed feelings on the product also. The mouse is okay for surfing besides that its really sub par, the keyboard is okay but again not quite right for gaming,and definatly should never ever be called a "gaming keyboard". Even the cheap logitech wireless combo performs considerbly better at the same distance.
Now again I really like how the setup looks and I love position of the mouse and keys for gaming.
I find typing with two hands on a angle to be incredibly awkward, and if you lift one leg to level the keyboard well the mouse will soon slide off and hit the floor. So with surfing I find my enermax keyboard trackball mouse combo coming back out.
Its ****ty this is the perfect setup for couch gaming but the hardware can,t back it up, I definatly would rethink the 129.99 price tag.

This message was modified by the poster at 12 04, 2010 12:55 PM

-=G F Y S=- Dec 04, 2010 02:08 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

lol.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1075) | My Reviews (12) | View Source | Report
shawn_r Dec 04, 2010 05:19 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Well I probally got a defective unit then, the mouse actually stutters and its exactly 9 ft away from a reciever that is in direct view of the mouse. As for returning it to ncix my rep told me they dont accept returns for this product unless it is defective. Its not a big deal really I have done alot worse compulsive shopping :).
And to be fair to Phantom, im expecting to game at a high level on a product that isnt designed for it. I tried my razer mamba with the keyboard and im more than happy with that set up. So since the mamba is on sale ill just get a second one.
I really dont want to part with the couch gaming comfort of the keyboard so ill get this working the way I want too. :)

Spyke Dec 04, 2010 07:20 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

I had the same problem with intermittent reception issues no more than 6 feet away on both the keyboard and mouse.
The keyboard randomly missing whole keystrokes almost drove me insane. This was with the receiver sitting in the front USB port of my Corsair 700D. (It never worked at all in the rear ports from the couch 7 feet away)

I think it also has a LOT to do with how many 2.4GHz devices lurk in your building. I have a big 1 Watt access point with a 15dBA omni antenna sitting on the wall and there are about 60 other AP's viewable all around me.

I returned mine and now use a Logitech K800 illuminated keyboard and G700 mouse on the couch, without any reception issues.

The quality of the keys is a whole other issue, the letter "A" key needed to be pressed harder than the others, made gaming annoying.

This message was modified by the poster at 12 04, 2010 07:21 PM

Tip Posting | My Postings (644) | My Reviews (10) | View Source | Report
shawn_r Dec 04, 2010 07:26 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

It probably is Spyke, if I put the dongle on the back of my pc above my tv well neither work. For me to get this to work I have a 36" usb extention cable the brings the reciever about a 12" in front of the tv.
But my enermax keyboard is 2.4ghz also and it works fine

Spyke Dec 04, 2010 08:44 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Its just that the Lapboard wireless really sucks at combating all that interference then the stuff from Logitech, etc is.

Certainly a dealbreaker.

Tip Posting | My Postings (644) | My Reviews (10) | View Source | Report

NCIX Forum Messages

Please note that NCIX.com Forums is not a sales or product support board. For sales or specific product related questions, please send message to receive the fastest response.

Messages about Phantom Entertainment Lapboard Wireless Gaming Keyboard & Laser Mouse Combo Midnight Black

Quality of this for playing games (shawn_r- Dec 04, 10, 18 Replies)
Ahhh ..... slanting surfaces ..... its 2006 .... (The Wizard- Nov 29, 10, 4 Replies)
Why to buy the Phantom Lapboard? (JOHN_L- Nov 25, 10, 14 Replies)
Cloud Gaming comes to Internet TV (JOHN_L- Nov 09, 10, 15 Replies)
Phantom Lapboard - IPTV & Gaming Input Device (JOHN_L- Nov 07, 10, 5 Replies)

Post a New Message  |    All Messages       Browse NCIX Forums

Forum messages are not reviewed and may not contain accurate information about a product. Message contents are opinions from customers based on their own experience with a product. We do not recommend you make puchasing decisions based on Forum messages.

Icon Canadian CANADA Icon United States USA
Image Box Left Call Queue Image Box Right
Now Serving
Closed
Image Dot
Image Box Left Bottom Image Box Right Bottom
Image Box Left Avg. Response Time Image Box Right
Image dot
Closed
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

Bluetooth Call Me
Image Box Left

Recent Experts

Image Box Right
Image Dot
1. Mr. Friendly™ (58353)
2. Greg * NCIX.com (37113)
3. Spork™ (16369)
4. Calypso (5531)
5. Nichole_N (44)
Image Dot
Image Box Left

All Time Experts

Image Box Right
Image Dot
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)
Image Dot

Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Order Status
RMAs (Merchandise returns)
F.A.Q.
Contact Us / Store Locator
Careers
Blog
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
BBB Accredited Business Profile
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller Program
VIP Memberships
Advantage Membership
NCIX Affiliate Program
Super Shipping Saver Club
Express Coverage
Express RMA
Express Shipping Service
Express Exchange and Care Coverage
Gift Cards & Balance Checker
Same-Day Delivery
Retail Financing
NCIX Newsletters
NCIX Forums
Folding @ Home Team
The Banner Vault
International Sites:  Canada
Copyright© 2017 NCIX.com/Netlink Computer Inc. All rights reserved. / Server ID: 167  499 ms
Page last updated: 05/27/2017 16:17:04