Shop by Category | Brand | Order Tracking | Customer Care | Contact Us | Wishlist | My Account |
All
  • All Departments
  • Digital Download
Cart
My Drafts
General Topics
  Tech News
  What's New
  NCIX.com Q&A
  Important Notices
  General Discussions
  Suggestions/Feedback
  Site Bug Reports
  PC Builder Workshop
  NCIX Gaming Community
  NCIX Tech Tips
  Linus Tech Tips
  NCIX Esther
  Manufacturer Support
  CPU Discussions
  Video Cards
  Power Supplies
  Folding @ Home
  Moderated
  Off Topic
  Overclocking
  Product Requests
  PC Modding
Software Topics
  Operating Systems
  Linux
  Freeware/Shareware
  Open Source Projects
  Driver Updates
Broadband Topics
  Shaw Cable
  Telus ADSL
  Speed Test Reports
FAQs
  NCIX FAQs
  Hardware FAQs
  Overclocking FAQs
  Other FAQs
  Software FAQs
Top Categories
  Blu-Ray Drives
  Bundle Deals
  Camcorders
  CD & DVD Drives
  Computer Cases
  CPU Heatsinks
  DDR2 Desktop Memory
  DDR3 Desktop Memory
  Digital Cameras
  External Hard Drives
  Fans & Cooling
  Hard Drives
  HTPC Accessories
  Inkjet Printers
  Internet Routers
  Keyboards
  Laser Printers
  LCD Monitors
  Mice & Pointing Devices
  Mobile Phones
  Modding
  Motherboards
  Multi-Function Printers
  Netbooks
  Network Adapters
  Network Storage NAS
  Network Switches
  PC Games
  Power Supplies
  Processors (CPUs)
  PS3 Games
  Scanners
  SD Secure Digital
  Solid State Drives - SSD
  Speakers & Audio
  UPS/Power Management
  USB Flash Drives
  Video Cards
  Water Cooling
  Webcams
  Wireless Accessories
  XBox 360
Quick Links
Windows Device Finder
Ink & Toner Finder
Kingston Memory Finder
Corsair Memory Finder
Prize Picker
Rebate Archive
Send Us a Message
eBay Outlet
Contentname:quicklinks
We Accept

Shop Safely
HACKER SAFE certified sites prevent over 99.9% of hacker crime.
Click to verify BBB accreditation and to see a BBB report.
Contentname:acceptsafe
Testimonial Box
"Great place to shop this is the second time I ordered from ncix and no complaints as of yet ..."
— pictonian
Read More
Write Review

LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » OFF TOPIC » 'AMERICAN SNIPER' AUTHOR CHRIS K...
Subject: 'American Sniper' author Chris Kyle fatally shot at Texas gun range
Share this:  
Author Date Posted Tools
Analbumcover Feb 03, 2013 11:05 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

If only someone had a gun, oh wait.
Well at least this is how he would have wanted to die.
It could have been worse. Someone could have stabbed him to death and that would just be embarrassing.

Quote: ()

'American Sniper' author Chris Kyle fatally shot at Texas gun range
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/03/16823532-american-sniper-author-chris-kyle-fatally-shot****texas-gun-range#comments

Updated at 1:45 p.m. ET: A former Navy SEAL who wrote "American Sniper," a best-selling book about his lethal career as a marksman in Iraq, was shot to death with another man at a gun range near Stephenville, Texas, on Saturday.

Chris Kyle, 38, and the other man were found dead at the shooting range of Rough Creek Lodge on Saturday afternoon, Texas Highway Patrol spokesman Lonny Haschel told KXAS.

The gunman, identified as Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster, Texas, was arrested after a brief pursuit, Trooper Haschel said. The other victim was named as Chad Littlefield, aged 35.

Routh, 25, was arraigned Saturday night on two counts of capital murder, said Haschel.

Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2588907

Tip Posting | My Postings (1344) | My Reviews (1) | View Source
Somebody69 Feb 03, 2013 11:13 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

lol whoops

Tip Posting | My Postings (2581) | My Reviews (44) | View Source
TheMachine247 Feb 03, 2013 12:43 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

The american government doesn't take too kindly to people bragging about their conquests overseas it seems...

Tip Posting | My Postings (2838) | My Reviews (26) | View Source
DJZ Feb 03, 2013 12:52 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

160-1.

Tip Posting | My Postings (6427) | My Reviews (42) | View Source
Tips: 9 Points tipped from 1 members
DJZ Feb 03, 2013 12:53 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

That makes no sense because
1- They actually like it
2- What about all the other authors who did similar things and don't get assassinated?

Insane conspiracy theorists have such low standards...

Tip Posting | My Postings (6427) | My Reviews (42) | View Source
Analbumcover Feb 03, 2013 01:00 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

All the supposedly random shootings weren't caused by guns because we all know guns don't kill people. Oh no. It was a plot by the government to attack the 2nd Amendment.

However this case is even far more sinister. You see Kyle was killed after Jesse Ventura put out a hit on him. Ventura alleged that Kyle defamed him in his book so Ventura sued Kyle. The lawsuit was about to go to trial but now Kyle is dead. Now Jesse Ventura, the host of Conspiracy Theory, is implicated in a conspiracy theory.

There's just so much irony here.

Q-Ball 7 Feb 03, 2013 01:24 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Of course, that doesn't always work when you have 3 people, in a remote range, in a remote area. Guns, like the law, are speedbumps against this sort of thing; they aren't a panacea, but they're the best tools we have (or we would be using something else).

I like that you left out the most important part of the article, though it certainly wouldn't suit your purposes to mention this:

Quote: (Analbumcover @ Feb 03 2013, 11:05 AM)

"What I know is Chris and a gentleman — great guy, I knew him well, Chad Littlefield — took a veteran out shooting who was struggling with PTSD to try to assist him, try to help him, try to, you know, give him a helping hand, and he turned the gun on both of them, killing them," Cox told the AP.

Kyle's nonprofit, FITCO Cares, provides at-home fitness equipment for emotionally and physically wounded veterans.

So the guy has PTSD.
I wonder what label society gives people, especially veterans, who have this problem?
It's not like the military attitude toward the problem is "suck it up", and it's certainly not the civilian attitude that anyone with PTSD is "simply damaged goods", after all.
The help is available, but its quality is debatable; and thanks to these attitudes the affected simply don't WANT help because it is socially unacceptable to receive it.

Think about it. They went to a private range, just the 3 of them. I'd wager one of the reasons why is that he (Routh) likely doesn't want/need people to know that he needs help- shooting is a common way to relieve PTSD symptoms, after all- so they aren't going to go to a public range and have their motives questioned (Chris Kyle isn't exactly an unknown, after all).

Besides- who better to know to do this (that shooting, among other things, brings some relief to those suffering from this condition) than someone who's seen the problems people in the military face AND ABOVE THAT founded a non-profit organization to deal with the problem- otherwise he would not have taken a risk such as this and reached out his hand to help this guy in this manner. After all, nobody else Kyle has helped in this manner did this (I don't believe this was his first time shooting with a PTSD sufferer).

Mr. Kyle and his neighbour went out of their ways to help someone in need, to show concern and compassion, and a freak incident took place.

Quote: (Analbumcover @ Feb 03 2013, 11:05 AM)

Well at least this is how he would have wanted to die.

Yeah, I guess you're right.
I'd want to die helping someone, too- doing something to restore their life to workable condition or at least ease the pain they are facing.

Or maybe I should just shamelessly (and pointlessly) mock Kyle and those like him too.
After all, nobody ever needs help, so why bother to provide it in the most effective way possible?

Tip Posting | My Postings (1120) | My Reviews (5) | View Source
Analbumcover Feb 03, 2013 01:41 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

This is the lunacy the rest of the world has to put up with. omg
PTSD + guns = Good Idearah

First you say people with mental illness should not have guns then you say guns is a good way to help mental illness. This reasoning speaks for itself. My brain hurted.

Tips: 10 Points tipped from 2 members
Q-Ball 7 Feb 03, 2013 02:46 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I've already addressed this.
I'll show that part of my post to you again so you get it- you may have missed it the first time.
Perhaps I should post from bottom to top, so you read (and are therefore exposed to) the reasoning before you see the initial statement and discard everything else.

Besides- who better to know to do this (that shooting, among other things, brings some relief to those suffering from this condition) than someone who's seen the problems people in the military face AND ABOVE THAT founded a non-profit organization to deal with the problem- otherwise he would not have taken a risk such as this and reached out his hand to help this guy in this manner. After all, nobody else Kyle has helped in this manner did this (I don't believe this was his first time shooting with a PTSD sufferer).

Therapy is therapy. If it helps (it does in some cases- who better to know this than someone who's been in the military and seen some treatment of the problem that works ), why not try it?
He would have quite obviously done this and helped people in this manner before.

Of course, since you likely haven't ever shot before (otherwise these things would be obvious), here's a primer as to why this makes sense.
To shoot successfully:
You have to calm down.
You have to control your breathing.
You have to aim.
You have to focus on your target beyond the sights.
You have to keep the gun steady so you hit the center of what you're aiming at.
You have to control your finger on the trigger and pull it slowly (or you'll jerk the gun and miss).
You have to exert full mental focus on your body so that you will hit the target.

It is not a stressful situation, especially in a quiet, controlled environment (where there are no other people shooting, and precaution number 1).

Could the sound have set him off? We don't know at this point. (We don't know if the gun he was using was suppressed, either, though it's likely that sound reduction devices were used to lessen the possibility of this happening- precaution number 2, even simple ear protection would be enough).
Was this Routh's first time at the range? We don't know at this point. (We don't know the circumstances of the sudden mental breakdown either.)
The only thing we do know, however, is that precautions would have been taken. They did not work in this case (unlike the others he can be safely assumed to have worked on)- a freak incident, if you will.

Here is an excerpt from another (ABC) news article on this:
Quote: (Analbumcover @ Feb 03 2013, 01:41 PM)

"Kind of have an idea that maybe that's why they were at the range, for some type of therapy that Mr. Kyle assists people with, and I don't know if it's called shooting therapy," Bryant said. "I don't have any idea but that's what little bit of information that we can gather so far

First you say people with mental illness should not have guns then you say guns is a good way to help mental illness.

Here's the problem: you've already assumed that this never works for anybody, in a catch-all manner.
Unfortunately, that is incorrect- I've already justified and demonstrated the reasons why the act of shooting a gun in a controlled environment will work (and has already worked) in many cases of this specific problem.

I say people with mental illness need a de-stigmatized, well-designed treatment process, so they'll actually go the first time without worrying about someone mocking them. Also, that they'll actually report as such- not just lie on the forms and have no treatment at all and then end up hurting someone.

Unfortunately, there is no shortage of people who will not only mock them, but those who would help them also.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1120) | My Reviews (5) | View Source
derek_w Feb 04, 2013 10:26 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Very classy mocking a guy who has just died.

Stay classy.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1939) | My Reviews (2) | View Source
Somebody69 Feb 04, 2013 10:36 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

yeah, he was a saint. i'm sure he never laughed about the civilians he killed. killed 255 people. i'm sure they were all insurgents. i'm sure those insurgents were not just trying to fight against an unjust invasion.

Tip Posting | My Postings (2581) | My Reviews (44) | View Source
derek_w Feb 04, 2013 10:45 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

and you can prove that some or even 1 of his kills wasn't an insurgent?

Insomune Feb 04, 2013 11:09 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

lol, let's assume in all those kills he didn't kill one innocent, nor brag or laugh about one death to any of his mates.

let's also assume we don't live in a free country (to be debated)...

why do you post stupid things like this derek? for the post count? or is that your rebuttal? i'm confused.

Tip Posting | My Postings (320) | My Reviews (8) | My Profile | View Source
derek_w Feb 04, 2013 11:21 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

Are you 10? 12? Probably not above 13.

When is it ever in a civilized world to laugh at the death of anyone? The simple answer among mature people is that you don't mock the recently deceased, but you are clearly not very mature or civilized. The headlines surrounding this guy's death are ironic enough for thinking people. Bringing extra attention to the irony is idiotic and unnecessary. Anyone with moderate decorum would just shut up...at least for a few days.

There are plenty of people that I wouldn't shed a single tear for if they died right now, but it is completely distasteful and classless to make fun of them when their bodies aren't even cold yet.

Again, stay classy. You are demonstrating pure class. I expect this sort of garbage on Youtube comments.

Insomune Feb 04, 2013 12:01 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

lol, you open with more ridicule instead of debate, you are quite an idiot sir.

are you crying for the kids in Syria or even thinking about them?

do I have to have empathy for everyone on this planet when I don't agree with them as a character or their values/morals? obviously not.

was I laughing? can you show me the quote please? that "lol" was for your "waste of time" comment because with Abc's post, you do the same thing and make such a naive assumption that he's mocking his death instead of trying to bring light to a topic of debate that's been going on in these forums for the last few years, long before sandy hook.

and I never said it was 'civilized' either, moron. you're great at reading between non-existent lines.

attacking me, the person and not the comment and you talk about class? laf.

his death is worth respect, f' that? what his charitable organization did, sure.

and I don't laugh at recently deceased people,

just dumb comments, but another classy assumption by you.

Tip Posting | My Postings (320) | My Reviews (8) | My Profile | View Source
Analbumcover Feb 06, 2013 09:00 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

For the Ron Paul's out there:

Republicans lash out at Ron Paul for tweet regarding Navy SEAL’s death
http://rt.com/usa/news/paul-tweet-death-chris-502/

Routh served tours in Iraq and was reportedly brought to the shooting range as a means of treating his post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD.

“Chad and Chris had taken a veteran out to shoot to try to help him,” a friend of Kyle’s adds to the Times, “And they were killed.”

Rep. Paul, a veteran himself, openly responded to the news on Monday, tweeting that afternoon from his cRonPaul Twitter account.

“Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense,” he wrote.

Less than two days after the congressman made the remark, Rep. Paul’s comment has been retweeted nearly 1,000 times. Addressing Kyle’s death only hours after the incident occurred, however, the quip caused a backlash of sorts by many, including fellow Republicans, who felt offended by the former lawmaker’s remark.

Jarno Feb 06, 2013 02:18 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

The gun was just a tool, the crazy bastard with ptsd killed to people. It's not the pistol's fault

Tip Posting | My Postings (523) | My Reviews (0) | View Source

Contentname:Forums_Bottom
Call Queue
Now Serving
Closed
Avg. Response Time
Closed
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

Connect:
Widgets Magazine
Contentname:NCIX_Weekly_Special_Side
Contentname:160x300_Tier
Recent Experts
1. Greg * NCIX.com (32601)
2. Saberon (14315)
3. Spork™ (13320)
4. Chicoman (13114)
5. AEO (7799)
All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Order Status
RMAs (Merchandise returns)
F.A.Q.
Contact Us / Store Locator
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller Program
VIP Memberships
Advantage Membership
Affiliate Program
Express Coverage
Express RMA
Express Shipping Service
Express Exchange and Care Coverage
Gift Cards & Balance Checker
NCIX Newsletters
NCIX Forums
Folding @ Home Team
The Banner Vault
International Sites:  Canada
Get the best discount computers online for online computer shopping and discount PC computer components as well as notebook computers, laptops and Canada custom computers for the best deals on computers.
NCIX.com provides Canada the best priced computers in the country for computer components and computer parts and computer accessories with the best online computer store in Canada for your personal and business computer needs.
At NCIX you can build your own computer online as well as search for the cheapest and best video cards, computer processors and CPUs, motherboards computer memory RAM, ssd and hard drives with the fastest shipping in Canada and the US.
So for discount computers online NCIX provides the cheapest digital cameras, printers, motherboards, flash memory, PC speakers and computer electronics with the best Canadian computer and Canadian online computer shopping website in the world.

NCIX.com is powered by Intel® Xeon® Quad Core Processors
Copyright© 2014 NCIX.com/Netlink Computer Inc. All rights reserved. S / Server ID:74 20140420115635  234 ms