Shop by Category | Brand | Order Tracking | Customer Care | Contact Us | Wishlist | My Account |
All
  • All Departments
  • Digital Download
Cart
My Drafts
General Topics
  Tech News
  What's New
  NCIX.com Q&A
  Important Notices
  General Discussions
  Suggestions/Feedback
  Site Bug Reports
  PC Builder Workshop
  NCIX Gaming Community
  NCIX Tech Tips
  Linus Tech Tips
  NCIX Esther
  Manufacturer Support
  CPU Discussions
  Video Cards
  Power Supplies
  Folding @ Home
  Moderated
  Off Topic
  Overclocking
  Product Requests
  PC Modding
Software Topics
  Operating Systems
  Linux
  Freeware/Shareware
  Open Source Projects
  Driver Updates
Broadband Topics
  Shaw Cable
  Telus ADSL
  Speed Test Reports
FAQs
  NCIX FAQs
  Hardware FAQs
  Overclocking FAQs
  Other FAQs
  Software FAQs
Top Categories
  Blu-Ray Drives
  Bundle Deals
  Camcorders
  CD & DVD Drives
  Chromebook
  Computer Cases
  CPU Heatsinks
  DDR2 Desktop Memory
  DDR3 Desktop Memory
  Digital Cameras
  External Hard Drives
  Fans & Cooling
  Hard Drives
  HTPC Accessories
  Inkjet Printers
  Internet Routers
  Keyboards
  Laser Printers
  LCD Monitors
  Mice & Pointing Devices
  Mobile Phones
  Modding
  Motherboards
  Multi-Function Printers
  Network Adapters
  Network Storage NAS
  Network Switches
  PC Games
  PlayStation 3 Games
  Power Supplies
  Processors (CPUs)
  Scanners
  SD Secure Digital
  Solid State Drives - SSD
  Speakers & Audio
  UPS/Power Management
  USB Flash Drives
  Video Cards
  Water Cooling
  Webcams
  Wireless Accessories
  XBox 360
 LATEST TOPICS |  FORUMS » OFF TOPIC » 22 KIDS STABBED IN CHINA...
Subject: RE: 22 kids stabbed in China
Share this:  
PREV   |   NEXT   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  
Author Date Posted Tools
STINGAHHHH Dec 17, 2012 10:08 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

Yeah , it's not even something to laugh about ... it's beyond sad.

There's messed up things that happen everywhere in the world but like I said before , USA are setting themselves up for those kind of event to happen.

Tip Posting | My Postings (989) | My Reviews (9) | View Source
Greg * NCIX.com Dec 17, 2012 10:29 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

You're calling out gun owners as irresponsible, but do not know a single one.

Quote: (DJZ @ Dec 17 2012, 09:45 AM)

I don't need to know gun owners to look at gun-related accidents and deaths to have a reasonably clear picture of the situation.

I can look up auto-accident stats too, but that doesn't mean every single driver on the road is irresponsible.

Tip Posting | My Postings (23763) | My Reviews (7) | My Profile | View Source
Greg * NCIX.com Dec 17, 2012 10:30 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Except the intention was not only to assist your government, it was also about overthrowing an oppressive one.

DJZ Dec 17, 2012 11:59 AM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Oh please Gregski. I'm calling SOME gun owners irresponsible. Not all of them. You know better than to toss sloppy strawman logical fallacies at me, have you not read my posts in this thread?

Tip Posting | My Postings (6767) | My Reviews (42) | View Source
Mr. Friendly™ [CGN] Dec 17, 2012 12:37 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (4) | Top | Bottom

Delete Image. Please use this feature thoughtfully.  Report this image 

Tip Posting | My Postings (31910) | My Reviews (76) | View Source
Sir Nerdalot Dec 17, 2012 12:45 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like | Top | Bottom

TKSS, yes you were corrected but you don't seem to understand why. You then immediately proceeded to suggest a question which is completely unrelated to the topic of the thread derailing it yet again.

Analbumcover is the same with his "let's pretend" scenarios.

I get it... if we can just pack a thread with enough shock and fear scenarios and make it impossible to address any one issue then you can walk away satisfied that the world is just a mass of terror and confusion without any solutions.

And, to address your question TKSS - yes responding in these forums in a responsible and civil way is productive for the small demographic that reads them. I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Here let me get all morally superior on you:

Gregg again i ask: Is praising the efficiency of mass murderers acceptable practice in these forums?

I have to wonder what the owners of NCIX would think of such statements. Perhaps you can have Esther or Linus chime in on how we should be laughing about one guy managed to murder more people than another.

Tip Posting | My Postings (521) | My Reviews (22) | View Source
TKSS Dec 17, 2012 12:52 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

Actually that's your entire methodology of "discussion". Insult rather than address the point. So in actuality you do mean to be rude. And until you can provide some stats to back your assertion that people don't secure their weapons, you know since you've looked at gun related accidents with more depth than watching television reports, your assertion has no merit.

Quote: (DJZ @ Dec 17 2012, 09:45 AM)

Activism doesn't count unless it's through one of the few TKSS-approved ways.

Was that an answer? Or are you just typing to see the pretty words appear on the screen? Feel free to actually answer the question since it's a valid query. What's the old adage? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem? Put up or shut up.

Tip Posting | My Postings (3837) | My Reviews (8) | View Source
Tips: 10 Points tipped from 1 members
TKSS Dec 17, 2012 01:02 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Quote: (DJZ @ Dec 17 2012, 11:59 AM)

I'm calling SOME gun owners irresponsible.

Bull pucky. Seems like the 1st quote is a typical blanket statement.

DJZ Dec 17, 2012 01:06 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I address points then I throw in a little well-deserved potshot. Since there is often no legitimate points...

www.cdc.gov/NCHS/data/nvsr/nvsr58/nvsr58_19.pdf
Why do you assume I can't find stats? Because you can't? Because you operate without them? Did you just assume accidents don't happen or something? Oh the likes of you (see that was the potshot).

FYI those are extremely easy to find, don't just assume they don't exist O_o.

Quote: (TKSS c Dec 17 2012, 12:52 PM)

Was that an answer? Or are you just typing to see the pretty words appear on the screen? Feel free to actually answer the question since it's a valid query. What's the old adage? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem? Put up or shut up.

Do you just not understand what I'm saying or something?

This message was modified by the poster at 12 17, 2012 01:12 PM

Logain23 Dec 17, 2012 01:13 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Maybe they should have specified relavent stats?

How does report titled: Deaths: Final Data for 2007 have any bearing on this discussion?

Much less wether the majority of gun owners are responsible or not?

Perhaps it's time to admit you made a false (Or at best unsupported)assertion based on sensationalized media reporting and call it a day.

Tip Posting | My Postings (612) | My Reviews (22) | View Source
Greg * NCIX.com Dec 17, 2012 01:15 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

Uh, no, you just through a flat out insult with no relevant information.

And yes, I did read your previous posts, and you're basically implying that all gun owners are irresponsible.

There is a gun owner in my house, and yes, her gun is safely locked away in a secured gun safe where it's out of reach of prying eyes and little fingers.

DJZ Dec 17, 2012 01:59 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Sorry you're misreading me that badly. I specifically told AR for instance that I would endorse people like him as gun owners if he's smart about it, which he seems to be, at least I think.

Quote: (DJZ @ Dec 17 2012, 01:59 PM)

Uh, no, you just through a flat out insult with no relevant information.

I provided stats now. And yes I may throw a few potshots like I said when someone says ridiculous stuff. Come on now, I can't be diplomatic with everyone. I can write an essay with carefully laid out arguments but there's no point to it if a 14 year old person who's immune to logic ends up reading it.

This message was modified by the poster at 12 17, 2012 02:03 PM

TKSS Dec 17, 2012 02:01 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I never assumed you couldn't. Didn't even remotely infer it. I asked you to provide them. Whose operating on assumption now? Yet you can't even provide stats regarding death due to unsecured weapons, since there isn't a single line in the report that states that. So no, obviously you can't find stats specific to your assertion. There is no break down of the actual accidental death statistic, so again, provide statistics to back your assertion or your assertion hold no merit. As I inferred, you've done no actual research into unsecured gun deaths or injuries. You did a quick google, found a NVSS report, saw accidental death and went no further than that. Nowhere in that entire NVSS report is the word gun or weapon even used. So how exactly did you think it would remotely back your assertion that you "look at gun-related accidents and deaths to have a reasonably clear picture of the situation".

Quote: (DJZ @ Dec 17 2012, 01:06 PM)

Do you just not understand what I'm saying or something?

You didn't actually say anything that had to do with the original query. And again, put up or shut up.

DJZ Dec 17, 2012 02:06 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

The original query was "why aren't you a balls out activist" and the obvious answer is "because I'm not a balls out activist". I just like to discuss those topics on the webs. Do you have other clever questions to grace us with?

TKSS Dec 17, 2012 02:16 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Yes Greg. This is everyone else's problem, not the fact that he's not succinct or eloquent enough to actually describe  what he means in even simple verbiage. Can't say I'm shocked. Exactly what one would expect of someone with such an obvious god complex.

Greg * NCIX.com Dec 17, 2012 02:27 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (3) | Top | Bottom

The reasoning behind the 2nd amendment:

This message was modified by the poster at 12 17, 2012 02:28 PM

TKSS Dec 17, 2012 02:28 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Reading comprehension problem? That was not the original query. Again showing your lack of reading comprehension tempered with a substantial portion of assumption.

Quote: (DJZ @ Dec 17 2012, 02:06 PM)

I just like to discuss those topics on the webs.

What you call discussion the rest of the world calls pontificating.

DJZ Dec 17, 2012 02:35 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Unless the query you're referring to is not the one I talked about, that's what you were saying.

Quote: (TKSS @ Dec 17 2012, 02:28 PM)

What you call discussion the rest of the world calls pontificating.

If only.

Mr. Friendly™ [CGN] Dec 17, 2012 02:37 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

you know, it's more conducive to a discussion if people talk and respond with out insults.

this comment is pointed at both sides of the debate!

Analbumcover Dec 17, 2012 02:39 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

Face facts guys. The gun lovers are never going to give them up. We can only hope they are affected by a mass shooting and if you lose a loved one, that's a sacrifice they are willing to make.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1344) | My Reviews (1) | View Source
DJZ Dec 17, 2012 02:52 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

What's tough is being tucked in with the anti-gun and pro-legislation folks when in reality I just believe that the situation is unfortunate and I believe that lawful citizen with firearms cause more harm than good despite their good intentions.

Mr. Friendly™ [CGN] Dec 17, 2012 02:53 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

let's try putting your comment into perspective, Ab...if a drunk driver wiped out my family would I hate cars? No...I would hate the driver. Its no different if someone shoots an entire family, you would hate the shooter, not the gun.

Mr. Friendly™ [CGN] Dec 17, 2012 02:56 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

or how about this: people have a fear of flying after a crash because so many people get killed all at once it becomes an emotional event, whereas in car crashed it is 2-3 people, sometime 5-6 but obviously not 250 as in a plane crash, even though statistically planes are much safer, people fear flying.

Analbumcover Dec 17, 2012 03:00 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

It's funny how the gun lovers say people are less likely to die from a shooting vs. other causes but then they feel the need to hold onto their gun like a security blanket.

It's funny how society can decide through democratic means to ban guns as in other countries but when the thought arises it's the gun lovers that threaten violence should anyone force them to comply.

Tip Posting | My Postings (1344) | My Reviews (1) | View Source
Greg * NCIX.com Dec 17, 2012 04:04 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

Same can be said with alcohol, weed, political power, concentrated hot sauce extract....

Q-Ball 7 Dec 17, 2012 04:10 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (2) | Top | Bottom

Tell me, when was the last time your house burned down?
I'm betting never, so then why buy insurance? Why would anybody? It's just a security blanket that nobody would ever need except in a rare occurrence, after all.

By that logic, it's a needless cost- it's a needless freedom to be able to have insurance, so let's get rid of it. After all, it opens people up to harm (say a legitimate claim is denied or something- doesn't happen very often but is known to occur).

Once you prohibit people from having insurance (or, say, insurance over 50K)... bad things start to happen. Now that nobody is protected, bad guys will come and torch houses more than they did before just because of the loss that will be incurred.
Remember, the fire trucks/police are usually 10 minutes away; a house can be destroyed in that time.
We can prove that this happens; here is a study (summary, with link to it inside):
http://theacru.org/acru/harvard_study_gun_control_is_counterproductive/

So while insurance may be harmful sometimes, the good it does far outweighs the negatives.
So it is with weaponry.
Ban it- ban the insurance it provides- and bad things happen.
Make it harder to own a weapon, and the rate of bad things happening increases.

Or can you prove contrary?

Tip Posting | My Postings (1140) | My Reviews (5) | View Source
DJZ Dec 17, 2012 04:27 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I assume I'll never get hit by stray weed or concentrated hot sauce extract [and I may get hit by a stray bullet from a well intentioned fine chap]. Stray political power is kind of a necessity and stray political power slaps me around all the time. But yes stray alcohol is indeed quite a concern. Just because there are other bigger issues doesn't mean we should ignore smaller issues.

That said I personally am not too concerned about getting shot. =). Not here, that is.

This message was modified by the poster at 12 17, 2012 04:30 PM

Sir Nerdalot Dec 17, 2012 04:31 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

You may suffer some nasty paper cuts from someone wielding insurance papers though.

Or is it the lack of insurance papers? I'm not sure where to even start on that one.

This message was modified by the poster at 12 17, 2012 04:34 PM

Tip Posting | My Postings (521) | My Reviews (22) | View Source
Greg * NCIX.com Dec 17, 2012 04:51 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

You could get hit crossing the street by a guy high on weed. You could get some extremely serious stomach problems from overly spiced chili.

Quote: (DJZ @ Dec 17 2012, 04:27 PM)

That said I personally am not too concerned about getting shot.

Neither am I. Here, nor in the US. With, nor without a gun in my house.

DJZ Dec 17, 2012 06:06 PM Reply | Bookmark
Like (1) | Top | Bottom

I could also get hit crossing the street by a guy who's just eaten a hamburger. That's just as likely to increase his odds of hitting me. And it doesn't matter that I can get stomach problems because of chili. Unless it's forcefed to me I'm responsible for what I put in my body.

The concern is what can be done to others by mistake. If I screw myself up, that's of no concern to you. If I'm a danger to others, then you should have a problem with me. Hence, careless gun owners, or careless car owners who like to drive drunk, are a problem, and not one that should be tossed aside like many here try to.

And I'm not advocating prohibition. It didn't work with alcohol, it doesn't work with drugs, it won't work with guns, especially not in the US. I have no magic solution, and I don't support overly restrictive gun legislation - and as much as I think people who are for anti-gun legislation, what's more annoying it to see people who essentially downplay accidents like they don't happen.

"Oh I keep my gun in a safe and I'm smart about it so guns should rain from the sky and be handed to law-abiding citizen". I dunno. Personal anecdotes don't do well by me. I'd trust every single one of my friends with assault rifles but I've personally seen a stream where a drunk dude in Louisiana was dangling a loaded pistol around feeling all manly about it until he mistakenly shot a wall. Even if that guy was a minority of people who handle their guns like idiots, why would I trust everyone with them? Why would I trust them to carry them on their person, around me!

PREV   |   NEXT   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  

Call Queue
Now Serving
Avg. Response Time
Estimate: 48 mins
Request Call Back
(Web Orders Only)

Recent Experts
1. Greg * NCIX.com (33131)
2. Saberon (15226)
3. Spork™ (13961)
4. MasterFuji (916)
5. joel f (562)
All Time Experts
1. Mr. Friendly™ (51387)
2. The Wizard (39824)
3. death_hawk™ (35144)
4. Not An Expert (26343)
5. Lance W (25246)

Your Order Company Info Memberships Services Hotlinks
Order Status
RMAs (Merchandise returns)
F.A.Q.
Contact Us / Store Locator
Careers
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
NCIX Rewards
Premier Partner Reseller Program
VIP Memberships
Advantage Membership
Affiliate Program
Super Shipping Saver Club
Express Coverage
Express RMA
Express Shipping Service
Express Exchange and Care Coverage
Gift Cards & Balance Checker
Advanced Store Price Match
Black Friday Sale
Boxing Week Sale
NCIX Newsletters
NCIX Forums
Folding @ Home Team
The Banner Vault
International Sites:  Canada
Get the best discount computers online for online computer shopping and discount PC computer components as well as notebook computers, laptops and Canada custom computers for the best deals on computers.
NCIX.com provides Canada the best priced computers in the country for computer components and computer parts and computer accessories with the best online computer store in Canada for your personal and business computer needs.
At NCIX you can build your own computer online as well as search for the cheapest and best video cards, computer processors and CPUs, motherboards computer memory RAM, ssd and hard drives with the fastest shipping in Canada and the US.
So for discount computers online NCIX provides the cheapest digital cameras, printers, motherboards, flash memory, PC speakers and computer electronics with the best Canadian computer and Canadian online computer shopping website in the world.

NCIX.com is powered by Intel® Xeon® Quad Core Processors
Copyright© 2014 NCIX.com/Netlink Computer Inc. All rights reserved. S / Server ID:74 20141024115527  406 ms