Intel announced that there is an issue with their P67/H67 chipsets that can cause the SATA 3.0Gb/s controller to fail over time. NCIX has put in place the following measures to ensure that our customers who have already bought NCIX PC systems or standalone motherboards are appropriately cared for.
UPDATE: The feedback from Intel's tier 1 motherboard partners is that no one outside of Intel's lab has been able to produce this error yet despite attempts to speed up the process by increasing voltages to the affected components and subjecting them to heavy use. At this time NCIX recommends that customers continue to use the P67/H67 products until replacements are available.
Please read the following notices carefully and if you have any other questions or concerns you can email us about this issue at SB AT NCIX.COM. We will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner, but right now there are many inquiries and we don't have answers for all of them yet.
These Notices Are For All Intel LGA1155 "Sandy Bridge" Customers:
1. Please note that this issue does not affect the LGA1155 CPU itself, nor does it affect any other Intel chipset products (such as P55 or X58).
2. The chipset is believed to be MORE LIKELY to fail with heavy use. To reduce the risk of data corruption or data loss, NCIX recommends that you move all drives to either the Intel SATA3 6.0Gb/s ports or any other 3rd party chipset SATA3 6.0Gb/s ports (check your motherboard manual). It is also recommended that if you must use any of the SATA2 3.0Gb/s ports, you should use them with your least important drives or ones that access read-only media (ie DVD burner).
3. We've had a few questions regarding the distribution and usefulness of NCIX Rewards. They will be automatically distributed in the next couple of weeks. We ask for your patience as mass distribution of rewards points is not something that we're already set up to do. Please log in and check the Rewards Center to see the great benefits of NCIX Rewards: https://secure1.ncix.com/rewards/index.php?tab=center
These Notices Are For All NCIX PC Customers With LGA1155 Systems:
1. Customers who have already purchased their system will be credited with 5000 NCIX Rewards points.
2. Systems that are currently in the assembly phase will have to be approved by the customer before they will be completed & shipped.
3. All systems will be assembled using only the available SATA3 6.0Gb/s ports whenever possible.
4. NCIX will perform complimentary motherboard exchanges once replacements are available from the various manufacturers. Once updated boards are available, please schedule an appointment online or with your local NCIX retail store. If your order was shipped, then NCIX will cover the shipping charges both ways to return the system or motherboard to us for replacement.
5. The 12 month NCIX PC warranty will be extended on ALL Sandy Bridge systems to 18 months to compensate our customers for any inconvenience that is caused by being without their system during a motherboard exchange.
These Notices Are For All NCIX Customers With Standalone LGA1155 Motherboard Purchases:
1. Customers who have already purchased their motherboard will be credited with 2500 NCIX Rewards points.
2. We are currently working with all of our partners to find a solution for customers who have purchased Sandy Bridge components. Please check back to this forum thread for the most up-to date information. Again, we suggest that to reduce the risk of data corruption or data loss, please move all drives to either the Intel SATA3 6.0Gb/s ports or any other 3rd party chipset SATA3 6.0Gb/s ports (check your motherboard manual). It is also recommended that if you must use any of the SATA2 3.0Gb/s ports, you should use them with your least important drives or ones that access read-only media (ie DVD burner).
3. There will be no 15% restocking fee on any LGA1155 motherboard exchanges as these products are considered "defective". As noted above, NCIX recommends that customers continue to use these products until such time as equivalent replacements are available from the motherboard manufacturers.
4. NCIX is extending the return period for all Sandy Bridge 1155 boards until the replacement products are available from Intel's partners.
5. NCIX will send out a notification to all customers with a Sandy Bridge LGA1155 motherboard in their purchase history once replacement boards are available. If you purchased your board in store or we do not have an email address on file for you, please check with your sales rep or check back to this forum thread periodically.
6. If you do not have the full retail package and all accessories for your motherboard, please click "Send us a Message" on our contact page to get in touch with our RMA department. http://www.ncix.com/contact/
MSI's RMA portal for replacement is here: http://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/snb_support.aspx
ASUS's RMA portal for replacement is here: http://service.asus.com/notice/RMAProcess.aspx
Here are the three options available for customers who wish to return affected ASUS LGA1155 motherboards:
a) Once replacement boards have started to arrive that we will start contacting customers according to their initial date of purchase to give them the option of RMAing through us. Customers will be contacted in batches as we will not initially have enough boards to offer replacements to all end users simultaneously.
b) users can also contact ASUS directly for replacement boards - shipping is also covered both ways and the service center is in Canada so there will be no border issues.
c) users that have bought systems and would like NCIX to replace the motherboard on their behalf should continue waiting until we contact them
Gigabyte is asking that end users return the boards to NCIX for replacement
Please check back periodically in this forum thread as we will be updating it once we have more information. Subject to change without notice.
This message was modified by the poster at 03 07, 2011 10:35 AM
Topic URL: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2309652
Tip Posting |
My Postings (5375) | My Reviews (0)
| View Source
Tips: 1 Points tipped from 2 members