View Full Version: Corner Gas end song

03/12/2005, 04:31 PM
I am a huge corner gas fan. In the first season the episodes has an ending song that went "I don't know the same things you don't know. I don't know I just don't know. Theres a great big place. filled with nothing but space. And it's my happy place...." I just want to know if anyone knows why they took that off and where to get that song. i tried limewire but I can't find it.
Ub3r n00b
03/12/2005, 04:48 PM
If it helps, the names of the songs: I'm looking around to see if I can find it.
03/16/2005, 06:56 AM
Hmm. I can offer speculations and some insight. It's great so many Vancouver-ites are part of such a successful show! (1) You may have noticed/heard Corner Gas now does 2 more mins of show than normal for a 1/2 hr show. Now it's microscopic credits and news updates instead of the end song. Speculation: It's likely a CTV "suit" decision, beyond anyone else's control. (2) Insight. Craig Northey mentioned last year: In the beginning, there weren't any additional lyrics to make them full songs. They were written to match the time allotted for songs on the show. The "My Happy Place" song doesn't exist as a cd recording. When requested live, he has improvised the song to make it longer, but Happy Place doesn't appear to be written in stone yet. The online site for buying the Northey Valenzuela CD with "Not A Lot Goin' On" included: More questions about the music? Craig's good about answering e-mails. His site is: Or you can ask him in person. He plays in Vancouver with 3/4 of former band members from "The Odds". They appear as: "Craig Northey Trio" as "Sharkskin," and they also back up Colin James on tour. This message was modified by the poster at 03 16, 2005 07:27 AM
03/17/2005, 10:16 AM
My friend Steve is actually really good friends with the guy who does all the music for the show. I can't recall his name, but I'll ask Steve to get some info on it.
03/17/2005, 05:19 PM
Quote: (auntie @ Mar 16 2005, 06:56 AM)

It's great so many Vancouver-ites are part of such a successful show!
Well accually I just buy stuff form NCIX and use the fourms. I have to get items shipped to Manitoba. I do live in a nowhere town in the pariries. But I am only 20 minutes away from Winnipeg. And thank you very much for the help.
Chuck C
04/11/2008, 10:32 AM
The song "My Happy Place" was written by Craig Northey, formerly with The Odds. The new full song was planned to be out as a single in mid-March 2008, by his new band, The New Odds. A new album with the song is planned to release in May. You can hear the full song (flash format) at: The opening theme song, "Not a Lot Going on" was recorded by Craig Northey and Jesse Valenzuela (formerly with the Gin Blossoms). It is available on the Northey Valenzuela CD. You can listen to the song on the Corner Gas homepage: I live in Plano, Texas. My wife and I love "Corner Gas" which we watch on cable on WGN. I had resarched the songs recently and want to share what I found. Radpet
06/19/2008, 10:05 PM
thankyou thankyou thankyou.....that song has been driving me crazy because I love what lyrics I heard.....we got tuned into "Gas" just this year and we love it....Spokane, Wa
06/19/2008, 10:21 PM
I love it when amuricans watch our feels like we're sticking it to them, forcing our igloo/beer/hockey/curling jokes on them
06/19/2008, 10:37 PM
I hear they are changing it to: "Ode to getting screwed over by gas taxes"
06/19/2008, 10:42 PM
Hey Adam, since you're here, could I get some help in this thread: Please.
11/17/2008, 06:07 PM
have you tried itunes? i get alot of songs off of it